ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Business Innovations team is responsible for analytics and client-facing technology that help the Rwanda program reach scale, impact, and efficiency goals. As an intern, you will analyze a dataset and work with internal stakeholders (likely our Field Operations or Customer Engagement teams) to propose actionable improvements to our operations. Successful interns will be invited to extend their internship to a full-time role, where you’ll have the chance to implement your recommendations in the field. Depending on your skillset and our needs, projects could include:
- Creating product profiles by district by analyzing historic purchasing data
- Designing a plan to automate our customer hotline using call data
- Optimizing prepayment amounts by the client based on their repayment history
A successful hire will have experience in statistical analysis (Python preferred; R or Stata also acceptable), project execution skills, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional university graduate with experience working with data and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong educational background; coursework in statistics, computer science, or industrial engineering is strongly preferred.
- Technical aptitude; familiarity with Python is preferred, but candidates with experience analyzing data in other languages are also encouraged to apply.
- Ability to manage relationships with stakeholders at diverse levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Enthusiasm for learning and receptiveness to feedback.
- Language: Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an asset.
PREFERRED START DATE
As Soon As Possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.