The Expansion Team will be responsible for growing the TUBURA core program into 5-6 new districts in 2019 and expanding to every district in Rwanda by the end of 2020, adding more than 500 sites in two years. The Expansion Execution specialists will serve as the main field presence as part of that expansion, supporting the team on the ground in all the ways necessary to have a successful expansion. In addition, one or both of the specialists will also support expansion related tasks at Head Quarter, which are described below in more detail.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute Expansion Strategy in the Field: The Execution Specialist will be responsible for helping create our expansion execution strategy and then executing all aspects with the help of the field team, including:
- Understand best practices: The Execution Specialist willwork closely with (1) the Team Lead to understand best practices in Field Operation hiring, (2) the National Field Director and the Director of Field Operations to learn best practices in Expansion in Rwanda, and (3) relevant people on other country programs to understand best practices in those countries as well.
- Build the brand: The Execution Specialist is responsible forhelping plan and fully executing our brand building and marketing activities in the Expansion areas (examples: radio marketing, SMS campaign, building painting, roadshows, free vegetable seed distribution/goodwill gifts, etc).
- Support Hiring Field Officers: The Execution Specialist will work closely with the Team Lead and the National Field Director tohire new Field Leaders and Field Officers in our expansion areas.
- Train the Team: Once the new field team has been hired, the Execution Specialist will design and possibly lead an on-boarding process, both for Field Officers and for field leaders, that will adequate train them for their new responsibilities.
- Materials Support: The Execution Specialist will help create all expansion related training, tools, and materials for Field Officers to execute key strategies in the field. In short, this will involve taking all existing materials for our program and adapting them to fit a shortened meeting scheduled and reduced printing requirement.
- Run trials: Coordinate among various teams for any trials that is occurring in expansion areas. Additionally, run trials on behalf of Field Operations, especially around building our brand in new and innovative ways.
- Analysis and Modeling:The Data Specialist will be the owner for analysis for the expansion team within Field Ops.
- Understanding of Analysis: While there is no expectation for the Execution Specialist to be able to perform analysis, they should be able to understand analysis in order to succeed in the role.
- Working with Data Specialists:The Execution Specialist will help identify analysis opportunities to further the program and will liaise with data specialist on the Field Ops and other teams in order to conduct these analysis.
- Post-Launch support to new leaders + districts: For up to the first year after launch, the Execution Specialist will work closely with field leaders in new districts to provide necessary support, including but not limited to training and materials support. After 1-2 seasons, the performance management and support of the Expansion districts will be transferred to Execution Team and Regional Leads.
- "Fighting fires”- In new areas, problems will come up, many of which were not predictable. The Execution Specialist will work with Field Directors to ensure that these problems are dealt with, and will escalate problems to the Expansion Lead and Director of Field Operations when necessary.
- Scouting:The Execution Expansion Specialist would take the lead on scouting new districts for expansion for Seasons 2020B and beyond.
- Understand past: Study previous scouting decisions to understand the factors and analysis that goes into identifying areas that would be viable for expansion
- Visit target areas: Visit target areas, speak with community leaders and conduct surveys to see if they feel like a good fit
- Make recommendations: Make recommendations to Field Operations Leadership on proposed shortlist of expansion areas
- Offices: Identify locations in confirmed new sites to serve as an office for the district.
- Additional Responsibilities: The nature of this role requires a great amount of flexibility, and the Execution Specialist should be willing to lend support to other areas within Field Operations Leadership as necessary throughout the year, particularly during slower prep months, including but not limited to:
- Special Projects + Support: The Execution Specialist may be asked to support on special data projects at the Expansion Lead’s discretion. These may include, but are not limited to, projects around enrollment, distribution, repayment, or impact.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Seeking someone with significant execution experience to help TUBURA expand to every district in Rwanda by the end of 2020.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field required.
- At least two years of work experience.
- Good written and verbal English and Kinyarwanda language skills.
- Strong collaboration with people at different levels.
- Understanding data analysis.
- Experience managing problems within a large team setting.
- Ability to create written materials and deliver trainings
- Comfortable with uncertainty and working in an unstructured environment.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Rwanda country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.