Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Field Data Verification Agent(FDVA) is a key actor in TUBURA’s continued commitment to providing all of our clients with great customer service, ensuring compliance with government regulations and internal policy, and assisting the TUBURA Systems and Field Divisions in identifying and correcting data errors.
As an FDVA, you will split your time between the field and TUBURA HQ in Rubengera - you will spend roughly 90% of your time in the field working directly with TUBURA clients verifying repayment data, investigating client protection violations, and back-checking input claims. The remainder of your time will be spent at TUBURA HQ, working on weekly data entry, KPI reporting, and other tasks as needed or requested by team management
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will travel to the field for several days each week, to meet with TUBURA clients and the TUBURA Field Team, and you will be responsible for coordinating meeting schedules with both of these groups
- You will interview both clients and TUBURA staff on client data, internal policy, and other issues
- You will keep clear and consistent records of all data collected in the field
- You will immediately escalate any urgent issues to your Field Data Verification Manager, as needed
- You will maintain a schedule flexible to client needs
- You will keep clear and consistent records of all travel and expenses.
Note: while travel and other expenses will be reimbursed, you will be required to provide receipts for all expenses. You will be held responsible for any missing receipts
- You will be responsible for collating and recording all data collected in the field and presenting it to team management
- You will work with your manager to make weekly travel plans, as needed
- You will coordinate with other teams on specific projects and issues, as needed
- You will present short summaries of your work to team management in verbal or written form, as requested by management
- You will be responsible for comprehensively and comprehensibly presenting data to your Field Data Verification Team Manager
- You will use and maintain several Excel and Google spreadsheets containing client data
- You will occasionally present short analyses of the data and your fieldwork to the FDV team in English.
- You will be responsible for maintaining client privacy and protection and ensuring a high degree of confidentiality of client data
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Responsibility and commitment
- Humility and integrity
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office
- Clear communicator/customer service attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Commitment to client protection and confidentiality
- Demonstrates high-quality work with strong attention to details, highly organized and methodical
- Good collaboration skills
- Experience with fieldwork
- Language: Fluent in Kinyarwanda and proficient in spoken English
- Functional in written and Spoken English
- Spoken French desired but not required
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.