About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
Field Data Verification Agent (FDVA) is a key factor in TUBURA's continued commitment to providing all of its clients with great customer service, ensuring compliance with government regulations and internal policy, and assisting the TUBURA Systems and Field Divisions in identifying and correcting data errors.
- As an FDVA, you will split your time between the field and TUBURA HQ in Rubengera - you will spend roughly part of your time in the office at TUBURA HQ, working on weekly data entry, KPI reporting, IDS_TMS reconciliation, and other tasks as requested by team management. The remaining time will be spent in the field working directing with TUBURA clients verifying repayment data, investigating client protection violations, and back-checking input claims
- Field Data Verification Team/Business Operations
- You will report directly to the field data verification manager
- You will conduct phone investigations
- You will do IDS_TMS reconciliation and charging process
- You will draft weekly investigation reports
- You will collate and record all data collected in the field and presenting it to team management
- You will work with your manager to make weekly travel plans,
- You will coordinate with other teams on specific projects and issues,
- You will sometimes travel to the field, to meet with TUBURA clients and the TUBURA Field Team, and you will coordinate meeting schedules with both of these groups
- You will interview both clients and TUBURA staff on client data, internal policy, and other issues
- You will keep detailed records of all data collected in the field
- You will immediately escalate any urgent issues to your Field Data Verification Manager,
- You will maintain a schedule flexible to client needs
- You will keep detailed records of all travel and expenses.
- Note: while travel and other expenses will be reimbursed, you will provide receipts for all expenses. You will be held responsible for any missing receipts
- You will present data to your Field Data Verification Team Manager
- You will use and maintain Google spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) containing client data
- You will occasionally present short analyses of the data and your fieldwork to the FDV team in English.
- You will maintain client privacy and protection, and ensuring a high degree of confidentiality of client data.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 1+ years of experience in fieldwork.
- Languages: Kinyarwanda and basic English
- Diploma/Bachelors degree in any field
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
Application Deadline:29 September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.