About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Field Operations Tech Coordinator is tasked with maintaining our fleet of tech hardware in the field and ensuring that the Field team is able to use all the software we implement. The Coordinator will also be responsible for building robust processes to prepare for the introduction and scale-up of new technologies.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Support the rollout of new technologies e.g tablets to our 1000+ staff members in the field. This will involve project planning, procurement of hardware, as well as management of internal stakeholders such as Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology Operations (ITO) to ensure their preparedness.
- Proactively identify Tech training needs for Field Officers in line with trial or scale up goals
- Design and deliver training to FOs - evaluate progress and provide refresher training sessions where necessary.
- Serve as the main point person for the field team when they face any tech-related challenges, and work with closely with all members of the Field Operations team, as well as departments such as HR, Business Operations (BizOps), and Information Technology Operations (ITO) to respond to and resolve these challenges
- Consistently review and refine our tech management process to make them more effective and productive.
- Contribute to our overall Tech strategy by conducting regular visits to the field and reporting back observations and recommendations.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional experience with 1 -2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree - Information Technology or Computer Science would be a plus.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel and the Google Suite of applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication and an ability to explain complicated concepts in the simplest way possible.
- Willingness to ask questions, comfort pointing out challenges, and an ability to give clear and actionable recommendations.
- Ability to work under pressure, producing quality work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.