Finance Manager Job at Sokwatch Rwanda
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Rwanda Finance Manager
We are searching for a stellar Country Finance Manager to be based in our office in Kigali. They will undertake all aspects of financial management for Sokowatch at a country level, including financial reporting, local tax compliance management, and countrywide audits.
Locations: Kigali, Rwanda
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce financial reports related to budgets, accounts payable, accounts receivables, expenses, etc.
- Review, monitor, and manage budgets
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Oversee fixed assets register
- Predict and monitor financial trends
- Report and liaise with leadership regarding all financial activities in the assigned market
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax declarations, including payroll, operating, and business taxes
- Prepare monthly financial statements for reporting to management
- Deliver fully auditable financial statements to external auditors
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in retail, at a company with over $100,000 USD in annual turnover, or at a leading regional or international accounting firm
- Prior work experience across East African markets preferred
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; preference ACCA or CPA
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- A high degree of proficiency with accounting and administration software, preferably Quickbooks
- A collaborative team player with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.