About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Reporting to the Seed Operations Lead and Seed Processing Specialist you will:
- Install, repair, and maintain industrial electrical systems, including a 400 kVA transformer from the national grid, high power drying and processing machines, conveyor belts, lighting fixtures, electrical panels, outlets and wiring
- Assist in collecting all design data to ensure electro-mechanical designs responds to the specific needs of the processing plant and facilities
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes and safety of our plant at all times
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Perform management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment
- Monitor and maintenance of the generator
- Enforcing for all casual workers and visitors to follow safety guidelines and always wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while they are working
- Assisting Seed Processing Specialist to develop and implement standard operating procedures for the processing plant.
- Liaise with utility providers to ensure that electricity, gas, water are always available
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an electrician with the processing plant and building experience of at least 1 year and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Diploma in Electrical or Electro-mechanical engineering or other related engineering fields.
- Previous experience of working as an electrician in industry and operation in any type of processing plant
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Team player, organized, self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Language: Kinyarwanda and English is required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.