Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are currently seeking a Repayment Lead for the Field Operations team. The Repayment Lead will be responsible for setting the repayment strategy and managing the loan portfolio of all of One Acre Fund Rwanda. We have highly ambitious scale goals, and ensuring a sustainable program through high loan repayment is an absolutely critical component of achieving the scale we are aiming for.
The Field Operations Repayment Lead will create and execute the annual repayment strategy to increase the sustainability of the organization, scale our program to more farmers, and deliver credit to the thousands of smallholder farmers One Acre Fund serves. The Repayment Lead will report to the Field Operations Execution Lead.
The Field Operations Repayment Lead will work closely with all members of the Field Operations team, as well as other departments such as Procurement and Business Operations. The Lead will ensure on-time, accurate communication to HQ stakeholders and country leadership about the current repayment situation, as well as ensuring that the field team understands and is executing the repayment strategy.
This person will be expected to display all TUBURA values at all times:
- Humble Service – We meet farmers in their fields and we get our shoes muddy. Farmers are our customers and we serve them with humility.
- Hard Work – We work hard every day. We execute with world-class professionalism and business excellence. Farmers deserve nothing less.
- Continual Growth – We improve every season. We work with determination to meet our goals and then stretch ourselves by raising the bar even higher.
- Family of Leaders – We bring together the best leaders and build long-term careers. We care for team members like family.
- Dreaming Big – We envision serving millions of farm families. We build for scale with every idea and solution.
- Integrity – We do what we say, and our words match our values.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build a yearly repayment strategy to enable One Acre Fund Rwanda to achieve 100% repayment. Create achievable goals and necessary KPIs to manage performance in this yearly repayment strategy.
- Investigate individual interventions for efficacy and make strategic recommendations for future action. This may include running a trial as necessary (i.e. a Financial Planning trial).
- Draw on the strategy throughout planning and execution to ensure that it is brought to life
- Create a thoroughly researched repayment post-mortem report at the end of each repayment year to outline key actions, changes, and strategies for the next season.
- Create the repayment calendar for the organization, and ensure that all teams are on track to achieve our goals through regular monitoring of progress
- Create contingency plans and be ready to enact if our scale goals look like they may not be achievable with current Key Performance Indicators.
Analysis and Research Work:
- Generate the weekly Repayment Dashboard with the key performance indicators. Summarize key points.
- Lead strategic analysis work for repayment in Rwanda, using R or STATA. Determine further research needs to improve repayment performance.
- Execute on all necessary qualitative field research, phone surveys via the Special Team, and data analysis effectively and synthesize into action-oriented reports to help guide the program in making data-driven decisions
- Research best repayment practices from other OAF countries and our top-performing FOs, FMs, and Field Leaders.
- Serve as liaison and strategic thought partner for Field Ops and Rwanda country leadership groups, informing them of repayment progress and working with them on strategy development and contingency planning. The primary avenues for this work is in the monthly Repayment Working Group (RWG), and the Field Operations Monthly Overview.
- Serve as a key liaison for BizDev team and any external donors on the repayment work.
Field Communication, Materials, and Training work:
- Create all repayment related training and materials for field officers to execute the strategy in the field. This includes but is not limited to:
- Repayment notices
- GL or client repayment trackers
- Collaborating with the Materials Lead on monthly FO trackers
- Weekly Progress Summaries
- Repayment training
- Ensure that the field team understands and is executing the monthly repayment goals and balancing repayment strategy with customer protection guidelines.
- Meet with Regional Leads and Field Directors at their monthly meetings to communicate the strategy, train the leaders on any new concepts or processes, and get feedback on the situation in the field.
- Work closely with the Execution Team to stay abreast of the current repayment situation in the field at all times. Transmit strategies of high-performers to the rest of the team and understand the challenges of field team members who are struggling in repayment.
These are projects/tasks that the Repayment Lead will be largely expected to get done through direct reports:
- Work with Group Leaders, the Field Team, and clients to set incentives each year and work with the mobile money team to deliver the incentives in the field and track delivery notes for all the recipients.
- Calculate and track qualifiers
- Work with Finance, Procurement, and the Ops Support Team to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of all repayment incentives (including t-shirts, hoes, etc).
- Create impactful SMS messages to clients and work with the Field Ops Systems Team to send them to clients.
- Respond to claims in KissFlow of team members who did not receive bonuses.
- Respond to claims in ZenDesk of clients/GLs with repayment questions or concerns.
- Work with OS Team to update and maintain the KPI dashboards
Mobile Money Work:
- The Repayment Lead will take on full management of the Mobile Money Repayment system. This includes as needed, creating agents hand in hand with the Mobile Network Operators (MNO) relationships liaison person, identifying gaps and improving on network infrastructures as needed to facilitate farmer payments.
- This includes but is not limited to, managing the Mobile Money team, setting Mobile Money repayment strategy, and working with the Field Operations execution team as well as other appropriate stakeholders to ensure field leaders ownership of the Mobile Money repayment system.
Please note that this position may require flexible hours to accomplish your expected tasks and help the field team to serve more farmers.
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 3 to 5+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience. Demonstrated passion for microfinance, mobile money, or loan management preferred but not required.
- Work experience in a Field Operations-focused role strongly preferred
- An analytical mindset: ability to look at a situation and determine what data is needed to make a strong decision. Preference for analysis skills, particularly in STATA, R, and using Excel, but not required.
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel/Word and Google Sheets/Google Docs
- Ability to solve complex problems in a way that satisfies stakeholders and always puts farmers first.
- Ability to work independently, and move a large portfolio of work forward quickly.
- Strong oral and written English and Kinyarwanda communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate with different teams
- Attention to detail, with the ability to juggle many projects simultaneously without missing any critical tasks
- Commitment to be based in Rubengera for a length of the contract, with potential work travel within the country
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com).