ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Business Innovations team builds client-facing technology that helps the Rwanda program reach scale, impact, and efficiency goals. As the Mobile Services Specialist, you will manage our portfolio of USSD services. In your first year, you will work closely with our Field Operations, Product Innovations, and Business Operations teams to deliver high-value mobile services that meet their needs. Your scope will eventually expand to full ownership over our mobile service pipeline, from project intake to field implementation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting project intake and feedback sessions to understand stakeholder needs
- Scaling up a mobile enrollment service that allows clients to enroll other farmers in Tubura’s program
- Managing relationships with external service providers
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 1-3+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 1-3+ years of professional experience. We’re looking for candidates early in their career with the ability to become a strong project manager.
- Strong educational background; a degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related technical field is required.
- Ability to manage relationships with stakeholders at diverse levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Enthusiasm for learning and receptiveness to feedback.
- Language: Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an asset.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.