ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Specific responsibilities include:
- Device/OS/MDM management:
- Primary ITO contact for tablet issues – H/W, OS, configuration, and user issues
- Test and implement mobile/tablet setup tools, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance standards for use in the organization
- Manage mobile/tablet assets inventory.
- Documentation and reporting:
- Follow and write mobile support (setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance)
- Keep track of incidents and resolutions - log all tasks performed and provide for reporting
- Daily work with MDM for reporting and identification of issues
- Compile weekly reports as determined by Mobile Team Lead and program needs
- Department liaison:
- Work closely with Mobile Team Lead to plan and coordinate mobile/tablet set and configuration activities
- Regular coordination with FOPS staff - Usability, features, issues, feedback
- Regular coordination with DevOps/ITD - feature/function changes, streamlining device setup
- Coordinating with IT Dev, Dev Ops, FOPS, Procurement, and other departments regarding mobile/tablet purchase, setup, configuration, and maintenance
- Manage/coordinate mobile/tablet hardware/software requests from other departments
- Frequent field visits to test, observe, implement, critic and build experience with mobile tools
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for an IT professional with 3 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Specific qualifications include:
- Strong educational background; degree in Information Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Experience in software quality assurance.
- Experience in preparing project planning documents
- Experience in report writing.
- Experience in use case documentation.
- Build teams and work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English, Kinyarwanda required in all locations.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity, or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.