About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for a passionate staff who will be managing the work in one of the regions in One Acre Fund and will be coordinating within Operation Support Team activities. He/she must be having English skills and able to use a laptop. If having technical skills like repairing the printer can be an added advantage.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Operations Support Officer performs a variety of routine administrative tasks essential for the smooth functioning of Field Operations’ districts of operations. In addition, Operation Support Officers facilitate the work of Field Directors by providing technical assistance as needed not only by doing it now but also by building the Field Director's future technology fluency.
- Operation Support Officers require strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks on tight timelines. Operation Support Officers display initiative to resolve problems on a daily basis; they’re proactive communicators and possess keen attention to detail. Operation Support Officers possess all TUBURA values, with an exceptional sense of customer service and humility as they exist only to make regional district teams better. Operation Support Officer tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Data Collection and Quality – Field Operations depends on timely, accurate, and organized data. Operation Support Officers collect and manage two principal streams of data.
- Field Team performance indicators: Operation Support Officers solicit Key Performance Indicators from Field Officers and Field Managers on a daily and weekly basis. Operation Support Officers then data enter these indicators.
- Staff data: Operation Support Officer work with Operation Support Manager to make sure that the phone number database is updated.
- Materials preparation both weekly and seasonal – Field Operations sends a variety of materials every week from HQ to districts. These need to be printed, organized and handed out to the district teams in a timely manner. The best Operation Support Officer anticipates and proactively seeks materials.
- Operation Support Officers print materials every week, including raporo y’ubwishyu, meeting agendas, district-level Key Performance Indicators, and training on time for the Monday.
- Operation Support Officers also manage materials that are needed on a seasonal basis.
- Office Management – Operation Support Officers, together with the Field Director, ensure all aspects of the district office function properly in order to promote a happy and productive district team.
- Operation Support Officer works with Field Director to find an office location that should be having the network for the internet and accessible to be reached with the cars.
- Operation Support Officers manage inventory of office supplies (printing paper, toner, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc.). Operation Support Officers will track supplies used, initiate procurement requests through Operation Support Manager/Field Director using TUBURA Procurement portal or a tracker that Operation Support Director or Operation Support Manager can create, identify and establish relationships with vendors (for breakfast and others if Procurement approved) when needed.
- Operation Support Officers take active ownership of office grounds management where he will be assigned to work during a week. So he /she will manage it and give feedback to those who should make the office a good place to work. Operation Support Officer will report technical issues with machinery and follow-up until resolved (e.g. printers). Operation Support Officer also monitors and resolves minor maintenance issues relating to fixtures, light bulbs, office furniture, windows, etc.
- Other Responsibilities:
- General support to Field Director – Operation Support Officer facilitates the Field Directors' work, and provides administrative and technical assistance upon request – this may include filtering and applying conditional formatting to district Key Performance Indicators Report, drafting an email, or generating a roster export. Operation Support Officer is intended to complement a Field Director’s skill set and should make themselves willingly available to support a Field Director whenever needed.
- Translation support – Operation Support Officer with advanced written English skills will be asked to translate materials periodically. This will depend on how many will be the materials as the Operation support team can work with Operation Support Manager to make sure that all done materials can be handed to him or her.
- General ad hoc support to other TUBURA teams – For example, Operation Support Officers may be invited to serve as Truck Managers during input distribution. At this time, Operation Support Officer will give out this support as a way to put farmers first.
Operation Support Officer Work Expectations
- Maintain a comprehensive work plan for the week. Updates with Operation Support Manager on a weekly basis. It is required to have a written check in on time and take time to discuss it with Operation Support Manager every week.
- Keep the computer in good working order – no personal media. Based on this, Operation Support Officer will be asked to submit the computer to the supporting team (ITOs- information and technology team) so that it can be controlled and maintained.
- Demonstrate workplace professionalism at all times. Operation Support Officer need always to increase his capacity so that he can help others to increase their skills. This skill will help to manage multi-tasks in a short time.
- Work Reporting – depending on the region, and Operation Support Officer’s place of work is the regional hub even if is required to work in different districts on Tuesday. Operation Support Officer will be working hand in hand with Operation Support Manager to organize the weekly work based on the work plan.
- Field – one visit every other week, or at the discretion of the Operation Support Manager and Field Director. This is not mandatory instead it should be a discussion with Operation Support Manager who will be organizing the weekly work
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking a candidate with an exceptional professional with 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply :
- Strong work experiences
- Strong in communication using email and other means for communication
- Strong skill set on computer programs such as:
- Google Drive and its contents such as google sheet, google doc, etc
- Ms. Word and Excel
- Familial with the internet as this will be the daily based work
- Strong educational background is very important to this position/ Bachelor Degree will be strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Able to manipulate the dead printers and help to find a solution to it
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English is strongly required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
East(Kayonza), South(Huye), West(Karongi), Rwanda
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.