ABOUT THE ROLE
The biggest responsibility of the Systems Division (or operations team) is to ensure that everything is in place to deliver inputs (seed, fertilizer, solar, phones) to farmers 2 times per year. This includes (1) ordering inputs ahead of the season, (2) receiving and ensuring they meet requirements, (3) setting up our data and documentation for the season, (4) getting these inputs to farmers and back to our warehouses, (5) responding to client concerns through our hotline, and (6) conducting reconciliation and fraud investigations after each season. As the Rwanda program grows, the Systems Division is also increasing our support to new programs in Rwanda that operate differently.
- You will be reporting to the Head of Operations for Rwanda (we refer to this as "Systems Lead"). You will work closely with her on a range of projects to further the goals of the team. These exact responsibilities will change over time depending on the needs.
- You will initially begin with no management responsibilities. However, you will take on at least 1 and up to 4 direct reports over time, based on the department needs and your interests.
- Serve as the Rwanda team's representative to our Global Tech team to develop technologies that better serve our farmers and field teams
- Lead the input (seed/fertilizer/solar/etc) ordering process end to end (from creating projections to final delivery to our warehouses)
- Manage innovations within our distribution to increase efficiency and reduce risks.
- Serve as the point-person for compliance-related matters within the Systems division, including certification
- Identify strategies and take on projects to help Systems effectively serve other Teams
- Over time, undertake management responsibilities as agreed upon by you and the Rwanda Systems Lead
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelors degree required; Masters Degree preferred
- 5 years total work experience, including 3 years of experience in Rwanda in senior roles. Note that people without these criteria will not be considered.
- Someone able to full own projects, and really drive projects forward independently.
- Communication and critical thinking skills - We are looking for someone who can quickly identify what matters and communicate that clearly and concisely.
- Understand complex concepts quickly and learn fast! - We are looking for someone who can step into any situation and start adding value very quickly.
- Logical thinker and comfort with analysis - We are looking for someone who is a structured thinker and can use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations
- English required. Kinyarwanda strongly desired.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 21st October 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.