About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Rwanda Procurement team is responsible for over $1.5 million in spending each year across over 2,000 transactions and is responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 300,000 smallholder farmers. This team purchases all items needed to keep our program running.
Working with the Procurement team requires frequent written and verbal communication with our suppliers as well as the various teams within One Acre Fund that we are procuring operational goods and services for. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks that focus on inventory management.
The Store Coordinator will execute our local purchasing function in Rwanda by sourcing, carrying out quality assurance, managing inventories and organizing deliveries of operational goods and services to the Rwanda program.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the procurement store and monitor stock movements.
- Conduct regular stock counts and reconciliations.
- Control stock quality while maintaining a secure room.
- Issue stock items to internal clients.
- Support inventory planning decisions.
- Order items to replenish the stock in a timely manner.
- Prevent stock-outs and mitigate inventory risk (e.g. loss, damage).
- Identify opportunities to grow stock operations.
Sourcing and deliveries
- Execute requests for quotations, supplier selection, and purchases at the regional level.
- Work with suppliers, Finance team, and internal clients to ensure goods are delivered on time, to the right specifications and at the best possible price.
- Support regional calls for tenders and manage regional procurements through local suppliers.
- Ensure items’ reception, conduct quality checks and distribute requested items to internal clients.
- Consolidate regional procurement requests as needed on a monthly basis to minimize delivery costs.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new regional suppliers.
- Build strong relationships with internal One Acre Fund teams to understand their requirements.
Systems and processes
- Collaborate with Data Coordinators to ensure timely and accurate data entry.
- Help develop and adapt to new systems and processes as needed.
- Manage and save proper documentation using Google tools.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through better supplier relationship management.
In addition to the above, the Procurement Store Coordinator will also perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
The overarching goals of this role are:
- 5% cost saving on purchases executed at the regional level.
- 90% of stock items delivered within 2 days.
- 100% on-time stock reconciliation every 2 weeks.
- < 2% variance between physical stock and SAP records.
- 95% positive customer satisfaction.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and supply chain. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2-year work experience in a demanding professional environment.
- Experience or education in procurement/supply chain/logistics preferred, but not required. We are looking for a smart individual that can learn quickly.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid customer service skills and ability to handle a demanding, high-pressure environment.
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility.
- Strong quantitative thinking skills.
- Language: Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (required), French (preferred)
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org).