About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Rwanda Procurement team is responsible for over $1.5 million in spending each year across over 2,000 transactions and is responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 300,000 smallholder farmers. This team purchases all items needed to keep our program running.
Working with the Procurement team requires frequent written and verbal communication with our suppliers as well as the various teams within One Acre Fund that we are procuring operational goods and services for. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks that focus on the supervision of quality assurance, delivery, and inventory processes.
This position is also responsible for identifying and coordinating process improvement initiatives including best practices and standard operating procedures. The role is responsible for identifying, planning and implementing key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time, resulting in internal client satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Coordinator (Support Function) will include:
- Manage 1 to 2 persons providing support on their daily operations and professional development through weekly check-ins, regular performance reviews, and development plans.
- Deliver regular quality assurance and inventory management training.
- Conduct monthly visits to procurement stores to support inventory management operations.
- Ensure Store Officer(s) give great customer service while monitoring the performance of the store(s).
- Ensure stock levels remain accurate by standardizing stock counts and reconciliation processes in both Kigali and Rubengera stores.
- Use forecasted demand and historical data to inform inventory planning decisions.
- Prevent stock-outs and mitigate inventory risk (e.g. loss, damage).
- Deliver stock items within 48 hours.
- Identify opportunities to grow stock operations.
- Refine quality assurance activities and tools.
- Guide quality procedures in line with customer requirements.
- Set quality standards and act as a catalyst to support performance improvement.
- Ensure clarity of item specifications to enable smooth quality checking activities.
- Track item quality issues and losses.
Deliveries and customer service
- Ship non-stock items within 24 hours of supplier delivery.
- Share delivery notes and QC forms with SAP Data team within 24 hours of delivery.
- Document delivery workflow process and develop standard operating procedures.
- Assess customer satisfaction through regular surveys.
- Handle escalated customer inquiries including follow up and other client communications.
- Build strong relationships with internal One Acre Fund teams to understand their requirements.
Planning and tender management
- Lead central forecasting process and ensure requesting departments place monthly requests.
- Coordinate pre-qualification tenders to reinforce supplier base.
- Coordinate purchase of stock items from wholesale companies & manufacturers.
The overarching goals of this role are:
- 5% cost saving on stock items.
- 90% of stock items delivered within 2 days.
- 100% on-time stock reconciliation every 2 weeks.
- < 2% variance between physical stock and SAP records.
- 95% positive customer satisfaction.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and/or supply chain. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years of people or project management experience at work or outside of work.
- Experience in inventory management, procurement, supply chain, engineering, or consulting preferred.
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- A passion for world-class customer service.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Strong computer skills (experience using SAP preferred).
- Language: Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (required), French (preferred).
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com).