ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Product Specialist will be part of a new Product Management and Strategy team ensuring the continuous success of scaled products offered to our clients. The Product Specialist will work with many TUBURA team members, including colleagues in Field Operations, Logistics, Client Data Management, Procurement & Government Relations, and product suppliers, to ensure that all activities required to deliver great products and service to clients are implemented effectively. As the Product Specialist, you will closely monitor product performance through the use of dashboards and trackers, and recommend strategies and improvements to increase product adoption and satisfaction, product margin, and quality. You will start by managing solar products but other products will be added into your portfolio with time.
As the Product Specialist, you will:
- Oversee the product lifecycle for our scaled solar products and other products coming to scale
- Report to the Product Strategy Lead
- Analyze performance and financial data to track product performance and inform strategies, and maintain product dashboards up-to-date
- Develop training materials, product tools, strategies, and models to ensure sales processes, product adoption, product quality, customer satisfaction, and product margin are satisfactory and improved season after season
- Lead discussions on product performance, execution, and related activities (e.g. product pricing, sales processes, or customer support) with colleagues across teams and suppliers
- Engage with the product supplier as needed to guarantee a smooth and collaborative partnership
- Manage the transition of new scale-up products to the team's portfolio as required
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience designing and coordinating medium to large field projects
- Project management skills for medium to large projects
- Comfortable with data analysis, knowledge of R preferred but not mandatory
- Intermediate Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) / google sheets skills
- Capability to resolve complex problems and design creative solutions
- Demonstrate high-quality work
- Experience working with field teams and multiple stakeholders
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers and living in rural areas
- Integrity and responsibility
- Language: Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
APPLICATION DEADLINE:16th, July 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.