ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marketing and Enrollment Data Specialist will be a crucial member in supporting marketing and enrollment strategy design in Rwanda. We are currently delivering impact to thousands of Rwandans serving over 700,000 farmers across Rwanda. By the end of 2022 we will be serving over 1,000,000 farmers across Rwanda and this role plays a crucial role to us achieving this milestone. The hire will be a core member of the Field Operations Team, based in Rubengera, and will report to the Marketing and Enrollment Lead.
The Marketing and Enrollment Data Specialist will take ownership of quantitative research and analysis that helps the Rwanda Core Program reach their 5-year client credit size goals.
The Marketing and Enrollment Data Specialist will research questions around client product adoption and digging into what factors lead clients to (or not to) adopt specific products. This strategy research will take place both in the office and in the field.
You will take the lead on managing crucial sub-projects of small to medium complexity. This will include the following:
- Analyze the data we have on client product adoption throughout our Core Program.
- Lead relevant desk and field research into transaction size and how best we can increase this, and any other relevant research to help us understand our clients and the market, and to help guide our strategy.
- Utilize the research insights to provide applicable recommendations to address specific challenges and lead the implementation of the suggested recommendation addressing a specific challenge.
Reporting and Analysis
You will develop and maintain marketing and enrollment data dashboards to offer analysis for the wider OAF team, this will also include the updating of the Marketing and Enrollment BI interactive map.
In addition to this you will share research findings with the wider team through memos, leading important field team meetings and delivering important reports. You will provide crucial information to help align stakeholders on projects so that they are accomplished and allow us to serve more farmers.
Work with other Strategy Leads
You will work with the Execution Team, Product team and Repayment Lead to design the incentives structure for the field team, in addition to product pricing options and prepayment amounts for clients. This work will ensure that you communicate openly and give and receive feedback well.
Field Operations Tasks
You will attend field visits to monitor the execution of strategy in the field. This will occur throughout the marketing and enrollment period and during other times of the year to improve familiarity with farmers and our program, to more effectively develop strategies that increase the scope and depth of our impact.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Experience in data analysis using R, Stata, Python, or excel skills (can perform complex functions).
- Experience managing, cleaning, and analyzing data.
- Work experience overseeing data collection in a rural setting.
- Experience developing research assessments about product adoption and client behavior.
- We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural Rwanda for at least two years – this is a long–term, career–track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language – English, and Kinyarwanda
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
APPLICATION DEADLINE:17 October 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.