About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Rwanda Procurement team is responsible for over $1.5 million in spend each year across over 2,000 transactions and is responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 300,000 smallholder farmers. This team purchases all items needed to keep our program running.
Working with the Procurement team requires frequent written and verbal communication with our suppliers as well as the various teams within One Acre Fund that we are procuring operational goods and services for. We are seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to provide support to the Rwanda Procurement team to put food on the farmer’s table by providing clients with access to the highest quality products, at the right time, every time, as cost-effectively as possible.
This position is responsible for executing all local purchasing functions in Rwanda by sourcing operational goods and services from suppliers to all OAF Rwanda offices. You will be responsible for a variety of categories including agricultural inputs and livestock products. The role is also responsible for identifying, planning and implementing key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time, resulting in internal clients’ satisfaction.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Market Research
- Conduct market research related to operational goods and services.
- Reinforce the organization’s supplier database through continuous market research.
- Assess prevailing market prices in order to estimate financial savings made through the Procurement team.
- Maintain long-term business relationships with the organization’s suppliers as well as identify and build new supplier relationships for new or existing products.
- Execute request for quotations, supplier selection, and purchases from Kigali and regions.
- Negotiate for the best prices for all purchased goods and services.
- Follow-up with the Finance team to make sure suppliers are paid on time.
- Build strong relationships with requesting departments.
- Support Purchasing team on supplier and category management activities.
- Deliveries and client communication
- Negotiate best delivery/payment terms with suppliers.
- Ensure reception of goods at the organization’s Kigali offices.
- Collect all purchases’ supporting documents from suppliers and share with SAP Data Administrator in a timely manner.
- Improve customer satisfaction through the use of proactive communications – constantly keep clients updated on their requests status.
- Systems and processes
- Provide support on various procurement projects execution.
- Work with internal departments to elaborate procurement plans for their various projects.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through upstream supplier relationships.
The Purchasing Coordinator will also perform any other duties as assigned by the manager.
The overarching goals of this role are:
- 5% cost saving.
- 90% of items delivered on time and in full.
- 95% positive customer satisfaction.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and/or supply chain preferably with an agribusiness background. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2-year work experience in a demanding professional environment.
- Experience or education in procurement/supply chain/logistics - agribusiness background preferred, but not required. We are looking for a smart individual that can learn quickly.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid customer service skills and ability to handle a demanding, high-pressure environment.
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility.
- Strong quantitative thinking skills.
- Language: Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (required), French (preferred)
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.