Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
The Rwanda Procurement team oversees over $ 4 million in spending each year across over 2,000 transactions and oversees all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 700,000 smallholder farmers. This team purchases all items needed to keep our program running.
Working with the Procurement team requires communication with our suppliers and the teams within One Acre Fund that we are procuring operational goods and services for. The Purchasing Coordinator provides support to the Rwanda Procurement team to put food on the farmer's table by providing clients with access to the highest quality products, at the right time, every time, as cost-effectively as possible.
You will accomplish all local purchasing functions in Rwanda by sourcing operational goods and services from suppliers to all OAF Rwanda offices. Also, you will implement essential projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time, resulting in internal clients' satisfaction
- Conduct market research related to operational goods and services.
- Strengthen our supplier database through market research.
- Assess prevailing market prices to estimate financial savings made through the Procurement team.
- Maintain long-term business relationships with our suppliers and identify and build new supplier relationships for all products.
- Complete requests for quotations, tenders, supplier selection, and purchases from Kigali and regions.
- Negotiate the best prices for all purchased goods and services.
- Follow-up with the Finance team to make sure suppliers are paid.
- Support the Purchasing team on supplier and category management activities.
Deliveries and client communication:
- Negotiate best delivery/payment terms with suppliers.
- Build inviolable relationships with requesting departments.
- Collect all purchases' supporting documents from suppliers and share with SAP Data Administrator.
- Improve customer satisfaction through the use of communications – always keep clients updated on the status of their requests.
- Provide support on procurement project execution.
- Work with internal departments to elaborate procurement plans for their multiple projects.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through upstream supplier relationships.
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 3 years of project management experience at work or outside of work.
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, or consulting.
- Creativity. You always look for alternative solutions to problems.
- A passion for outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Experience using Google's G Suite.
- Language: Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (required), French (preferred).
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
13 June 2021.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.