ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for a motivated person, who is dedicated to social impact, to join our Rwanda strategy team. You will work on short-term projects across multiple functions to solve complex operational, strategic and financial problems.
This is a full-time career-track role within One Acre Fund Rwanda’s Strategy team. With so many varied projects, no day is ever the same, and the role includes exposure to high-level strategy, working in different departments, and getting into the field.
You will take on full ownership of projects, from planning, through to execution and follow-up, often working directly with varied project partners, including occasionally the Country Director. You will manage anywhere from 2-5 projects at any given time and are expected to tackle any type of project – from quantitative modeling to primary research – with a focus on solving the problem at hand. You may be asked to take on direct management responsibilities within our growing team of analysts.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your project portfolio will vary depending on program priorities. Examples of current/past team projects include:
- Undertake market research to understand and identify how we can reduce our high inputs delivery costs, through research, modeling of truck costs and industry margins.
- Build a ‘social return on investment’ model for field trials to ensure the trial maximizes impact at the lowest cost and could be scaled country-wide.
- Identify opportunities to enhance our solar strategy, through rigorous product selection, improved marketing, customer service, and new channels.
- Work with our field operations team to create tools to measure performance, and ensure incentives for field staff are optimal to increase results.
- Longer-term, there will be opportunities to lead increasingly large projects or join/lead a department you are supporting.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for extraordinary professionals who will help take our organization to the next levels of impact. This is a posting for a career-track role. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Work experiences: We are targeting strategy, finance, and management consulting professionals, or people with similar experience quickly getting up to speed on a project, working across departments, and solving problems. We also look for leadership experiences, at or outside of work, particularly in roles that demonstrate strong relationship management.
- Technical skills: Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) is a plus.
- Humility: in everything One Acre Fund does, we put farmers first. We do this by approaching our work and individual professional growth with humility, efficiency, and compassion.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years. Experience working in a developing market is a bonus but is not required.
- Language: English; French/Kinyarwanda a bonus
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
In line with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes, Africans are encouraged to apply
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.