ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced safety, and security professional to contribute to the Rwanda Corporate Operations Department. We believe that our team is our greatest asset. We also understand that our locations of work can at times pose heightened risks. Given this, we invest in the safety, security, and well-being of our team, and so see this as role as essential to the success of the organization.
The Safety and Security Specialist will report to, and be an important deputy to, the Global Health, Safety and Security (HSS) Manager, and will work with the Global HSS team to develop and implement the Rwanda HSS strategy. You will collaboratively achieve this strategy through simple, effective and scalable systems to mitigate risk and improve our preparedness to keep our staff safe and healthy. You will also contribute to the response to any situations that do arise, such as staff injury in the field or working with local authorities in the aftermath of security incidents
Specific responsibilities include:
- Further, develop relationships with local security partners and expand the network of information sources to update the security information gathering tracker;
- Hold regular (weekly) check-ins with Global Health, Safety and Security to discuss findings and determine necessary security communications strategy;
- Work with Global Health Safety and Security to develop monthly security updates to country leadership;
- Develop an understanding of the threshold for sending out ad-hoc security alerts to country staff, and able to draft and send updates with moderate Global Health Safety and Security involvement;
- Implement safety and security minimum standards compliance at all office/residence locations;
- Complete security assessment checklists and develop recommended risk mitigation measures with some guidance from Global Health Safety and Security;
- Be the primary respondent to security incidents involving staff during office hours, and escalating incident response management to leadership
- Provide security-related on-boarding
- Engagement with internal and external stakeholders to propel priority projects
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll help shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for a professional with 3+ years of work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Relevant work experiences. Examples include demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc).
- Experience implementing security management strategies for organizations of similar size to One Acre Fund
- Experience in a role that requires action as a first respondent to security/medical incidents
- Experience working closely with local authorities.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, and an enthusiasm for learning.
- Experience managing projects throughout a project lifecycle
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: Kinyarwanda and English fluency required. Proficiency in French and Luganda also preferred. English required in all locations.
- 3+ years of work experience
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
In line with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda. Rwanda country nationals are encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.