Our Client, Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd (AIF) is a manufacturer of highly nutritious quality fortified foods, intended to address malnutrition among vulnerable population segments such as pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, older infants, and young children especially in the first 1,000 days of their life. To this end, they plan to avail on a commercial scale nutritional product for lifestyle consumer groups in Rwanda, the East African Region, and the whole of Africa.
In as much as they are a commercial, for-profit organization, they also strive to have maximum social, economic, and environmental impact possible on the communities in which they operate. The model is to source raw materials from local small-holder farmers, employee, develop and deploy local talent in the creation and growth of our fortified foods business.
Our Client is looking for self-motivated, qualified individuals with the right attitude and a passion for innovation to join their team on the position of Sales and Operations Planning Lead.
General Job information
Job title: Sales and Operations Planning Lead
Business Group/Unit:Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd
Reports to: Head of Supply Chain
Direct reports: None
Purpose of the job
- An accurate Sales Forecast is the basis of a well-informed business plan for achieving both short- and long-term corporate objectives. It serves Sales operational planning as well as input for financial planning and reporting (budget, Revised Annual Forecast).
- The Sales and Operations Planning Lead manages the forecast, budget & Revised Annual Forecast process
- He/she reports the demand plan and provides demand forecasts, analyses deviations and trends, and analyses and reports performance
- He/she ensures all sources are combined to deliver accurate and realistic demand plans, with the objective to connect Supply & Demand tighter and get a more accurate financial forecast
- In case allocation is required, the Sales and Operations Planning Lead manages the allocation process and plan
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of the monthly demand plan, Revised Annual Forecast and Budget, based on the annual Supply Chain Plan and the reviewed sales forecast as delivered by the Sales and Account Managers
- He/she is responsible for decision making with respect to the back orders list for allocation blocks
- He/she is responsible for the monitoring of actual versus planned sales quantities in the Sales and Operations Plan.
- He/she is responsible for performance analysis based on the defined performance indicators and targets in the Supply Chain Plan.
- He/she for ordering and inventory management of raw materials to ensure an optimal level of inventory is kept, avoiding overstocking or out of stock situations
The jobholder will be responsible for the demand supply chain planning process, including the following areas:
- Forecasting for the Sales Demand data
- Work closely with Marketing & Sales teams in order to collect demand data
- Work closely with procurement, logistics, and warehouse personnel
- Draw the budget and Revised Annual Forecast process
- Deliver a reliable “proposed demand plan within designated deadlines based on:
- Input from sales
- Input from selected customers
- Statistical forecast model
- Other sources
- Monitor Order intake & feedback to the organization (Sales, Supply Chain Management)
- Measure and report performance, define and take corrective actions
- Optimize forecasting process
- Ensure uniformity and standardization of the Demand Chain Planning process
Budget allocation Process
- Check the monthly allocated budget of the proposed Demand plan
- Evaluate and communicate to marketing & Sales about the allocation status and initiate corrective actions where needed
- Monthly allocation proposal (further develop allocation tools)
- Daily monitoring and prioritize allocation blocks. Advice on right trade-off (demand-supply)
- Analyse and report the following KPI’s:
- Sales realization
- Budget allocation status
- Demand plan accuracy & stability
- Reconciliation of the Budget vs the Revised Annual Forecast
Knowledge and educational level
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or any other related area
- Knowledge of Sales & Operations planning process
- Knowledge of forecasting concepts/ methods
- Knowledge of value chain
- Be a Rwandan National
- 5 years experience in purchasing
- Good knowledge of the agricultural and food business is a strong plus
- Overview of supply chain management
- Excellent analytical skills, structural thinking
- Excellent presentations skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Resourceful, hands-on, self-driven, self-starter, proactive and independent worker, ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
Pro-active in process-efficiency-initiatives Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd behaviors are important for this job: act responsibly, drive for results, engage people, improve, innovate and change.
Interested and qualifying candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) via the link below not later than the 19th October 2021.