17th November 2020
To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically-based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of the underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love. Urwego Bank wishes to recruit competent, committed, and proactive (6) Sales Associates to support the sales business of Urwego bank Plc Kigali Branches
Job Title: Sales Associate
Department: Service Delivery Department
Reporting to: Sales Team leader
Directly Supervises: None
Sales Associate develops a relationship and manages a portfolio of micro borrowing clients with proper supervision. Must also ensure that growth targets are achieved, as well as maintain excellent portfolio quality. A group sales officer must provide reliable and quality customer service in a way that promotes Urwego Bank’s entire business and enhances transformation in clients’ lives.
Promote and fulfill Urwego Bank’s 3Ms as listed above while working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community-oriented and results-driven.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
1. Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within the family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines; and
2. Conduct daily work, make decisions, and help Urwego Bank make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
SALES ASSOCIATE MAJOR AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Major Areas of Performance Measurement:
Ensure growth targets are achieved on the Number of active clients, total Portfolio Outstanding, Portfolio at Risk, Client Retention, and Holistic life improvement (HLI) trainings and provide Quality customer service
- Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Proactive marketing and Business Development of group lending products to identify potential group loan clients and achieve growth targets
- Meet and build a working relationship with local authorities’ leaders and local businesses in his/her area of operation on a regular basis
- Educate small business owners in the area of operation on Urwego Bank’s products and services and ensure all potential clients understand the responsibilities attached to a loan.
- Facilitate formation of groups or client meetings to achieve growth targets
- Process and Administer loan origination and disbursement
- Collect and verify all client information and perform a comprehensive assessment of potential clients before the loan application is put forth for approval.
- Make objective recommendations on a potential client’s character, creditworthiness, and paying capacity to the credit committee or other delegated authorities.
- Ensure loans are processed in a timely manner according to the agreed, customer needs, and bank lending policies.
- Maintain comprehensive records on all clients and submit timely reports (e.g., client exits, defaulter notice), etc.)
- Sensitize and train all group clients on the benefit of mHose, ensure that all group clients transact through an mHose agents for basic activities such as loan repayment, savings and loan withdrawal whenever possible.
- Enhance group management and training
- Along with group leaders, facilitate orientation, monthly meetings and ensure 100% attendance and collection of repayments.
- Conduct transformation training activities to ensure clients are empowered in areas of personal financial management, disease prevention, planning for the future, and the spiritual growth of lives.
- Ensure rotational leadership of the group to enhance transparency and accountability traits in the group and mentor group leaders in areas such as leadership, arrear management, and conflict resolution.
- Monitor loans to ensure PAR stays within target
Monitor usage of loans by clients to ensure regular loan payments. Take immediate action with past due payments according to Urwego Bank’s delinquency management policies and procedures to ensure prompt repayment
Ensure portfolio at risk >30 Days remains below 5% at all times for group loans.
Customer Orientation – Embodies a strong customer orientation and seeks new and better ways to serve end clients.
Good Communicator – Communicates well, both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information with others. Presents ideas clearly and concisely.
Interpersonal Skills – Maintains positive working relationships with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
Compliance to Policy and Procedure
Maintain a copy of the valid policy and procedure manuals for the critical processes associated with service delivery.
Ensure adequate knowledge of regulatory requirements on account opening and general banking operations.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission of Urwego Bank.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related field;
- 2 or more years of experience in microfinance, banking, or financial services sector;
- Experience in customer service operation, complaint, and conflict management.
How to apply
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to Urwego Bank Plc Head Office at Remera, Umuyenzi Plaza not later than 30th November 2020 at 5 pm.
Applications should be addressed to the HR Department
- An application letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Degree Certificate, and additional certificates if any.
- Recommendation from your Church with a validity of not less than 6 Months
- Signed Statement of Faith.
- Copy of ID
Only selected candidates will be contacted for the test.
Urwego Bank PLC