Victory Farms Kenya
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria, with distribution capacity throughout Kenya, and plans to expand across Africa. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best in class talent from across the globe.
Sales Manager – Commercial Team, Nairobi, Kenya
(With expectation to transition to Commercial Co-Lead for Country 2)
Victory Farms wants to bring on an ambitious self-starter to play a leading role in our Commercial organization. In your first year in Nairobi, you will be working with our Sales, Marketing, and Business Development functions to drive initiatives and comprehensively learn the business. At the end of this time, we expect you to then transition to the founding team for our first international expansion, most likely into Rwanda. Here you will operate as Commercial co-lead, where you will help launch and scale what is expected to become one of the largest fish farms in Africa. You will report directly to our Deputy Commercial Director and will also work closely with our Director of Expansion.
Your three (3) primary responsibilities will consist of:
- [Core responsibility #1] - Lead development of a sales & marketing strategy for fresh and frozen fish.
- [Core responsibility #2] - Initiate and coordinate the development of action plans to roll out new branches, markets, verticals.
- [Core responsibility #3] – Track and manage the sales ecosystem, including sales and marketing reps, customers, and prospects.
This position is perfect for a people person with a results driven mindset, as well as the ability to lead and manage across teams of diverse backgrounds and expertise. You will also be called upon to identify and drive top initiatives within the business, particularly as pertains to the launch of Country 2.
[Core responsibility #1]
- Plan and carrying out marketing activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, and timescales.
- Perform analytics to determine the optimum pricing for margin and sales growth.
- Carry out market research, competitor, and customer surveys. Keeping abreast of what competitors are doing.
- Devise marketing campaigns and sales promotions to spur sales growth.
- Coordinate with the farm team to plan and forecast sales targets.
[Core responsibility #2]
- Present coherent market expansion strategies supported by data and analysis.
- Carry out market research to assess the market potential for prospective expansion opportunities.
- Assist in the selection and launch of new branch locations.
- Seek out and vet new sales and marketing partnership opportunities.
[Core responsibility #3]
- Manage Customer Relationship Management system to keep track status and information on suspects, prospects, and customers.
- Train and develop sales staff to achieve their targets.
- Supervise, motivate, and monitor performance of the sales team.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales team.
- 5+ years’ experience in sales with at least 2+ years scaling and managing a successful
- sales team, experience in the Food & Beverage space a plus/
- Experience in a quota-carrying role; responsible for meeting and exceeding a quarterly goal.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills.
- Good knowledge of the sales process.
- Must have high energy levels.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management tools a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability/flexibility to travel and work long hours.
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills.
- Ability to combine and analyze reports for the purposes of forecasting.
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take
- initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed.
- Location: Nairobi based for year 1, followed by a transition to Country 2 (likely Rwanda) after this period
- Status: Full time
- Start date: Immediate
- Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Applications for the email:email@example.com not later than 06th February 2021