About the role
The Sales Manager (SM) is the Senior Sales officer for the Company and is responsible for sales and marketing control procedures and is accountable to the Executive group for all matters related to the Company’s sales activities.
The SM implements policies and carries out plans and programs to meet the Company's goals and objectives. Plans direct and coordinates all sales procedures in accordance with Company Policies at optimum cost to achieve the Company’s objectives.
Must be open-minded and be able to cope with leading employees of varied nationalities. Must be technology-oriented in the respective fields with ample knowledge in the use and exploitation of modern, up to date computer systems and applications.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Directs, coordinates and supervises the Sales and Marketing Department and coordinates activities with the Production Department, Engineering Department, and Safety Section to ensure the performance is consistent with established policies and to achieve the Company's goals and objectives for Company operations.
- Performs supervisory functions and exercises authority at the Department Manager level.
- Manages the day-to-day sales activities with our customers in Rwanda and for export to neighboring regions.
- Recommends to the Executive group long-range objectives, plans, and programs for Marketing. Ensures that such objectives, plans, and programs are consistent with the Company's overall objectives.
- Follows up on the execution of approved plans and programs for sales performance.
- Keeps the Executive group updated on the status achieved in important plans and programs.
- Recommends/Develops programs for sales and marketing improvement and coordinates with the Executive group in integrating these with the Company’s overall objectives to maximize Company profitability productivity.
- Leads and supports the team of sales representatives working in Rwanda and neighboring regions.
- Ensures that the Sales and Marketing organization is staffed with competent personnel and that key personnel is continuously trained and developed to provide continuity and stability within assigned organizations.
- Recommends the selection, employment, promotion or termination of key personnel in the sales organization.
- Recommends to the Executive group performance standards for key areas of operation within assigned organizations. Such areas include but are not limited to sales levels, training, and development of personnel, operating efficiency of assigned organizations, etc.
- Systematically analyses the effectiveness of all sales operations to ensure corrective actions are taken when required.
- Appraises the Executive group on Sales and Marketing operations in relation to approved operation schedule plans and programs.
- Recommends changes in and/or deviations from such plans and programs whenever deemed necessary and provides detailed justifications for requested changes.
- Reviews and analyses periodic sales reports and initiates corrective actions so as to ensure market demands are met as necessary.
- Initiates programs for quality improvements.
- Monitors sales conditions by having regular meetings with Department/Division heads.
- Develops and retains key customer contacts to build long-term profitable relationships and enhances sales opportunities.
- Investigates and analyzes the customer and market trends in order to identify potential market and project prospects.
Qualifications, Experience, and competencies
- Minimum of three years of sales experience. Experience within the cement industry or similar heavy industry preferable with a solid sales personality desirable.
- A minimum bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Management or any other related field.
- Very comfortable maneuvering in an international and multi-cultural setting and know how to behave between geographical, cultural and social diversities.
- The ability to work closely with customers. Highly dependent on working closely together with the team.
- Implement activities with a positive attitude and works persistently to close the contracts and achieve the targets
- Fluent in English, French and preferably Kinyarwanda and Swahili
The base station is Prime Cement Ltd HQ in Kigali with frequent travel to the production site in Musanze. Frequent travel to the customers in Rwanda and neighboring regions.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV with three professional referees by using the “Apply for this Job” button below not later than September 30th,2019.