Rwanda Farmers Coffee Company Ltd (RFCC)
Job Vacancy Announcement
About Rwanda Farmers Coffee Company:
Rwanda Farmers Coffee Company Ltd (RFCC) is a large-scale coffee roasting and packaging facility in Kigali, Rwanda. It produces excellent roasted coffee from the highest quality green beans. RFCC started selling its roasted coffee under the brand of “Gorilla’s Coffee” into local, regional and global markets. With state-of-the-art roasting machinery, it can produce 3,000kg of roasted coffee per day or more when additional shifts are added leading to 10% capacity of green coffee National production. Rwanda Farmers Coffee Company Ltd became operational in October 2014 and is roasting, grinding and packing 100% Arabica Bourbon (specialty grade as defined by SCAA).
RFCC would like to fill the following vacant position:
SALES & MARKETING OFFICER
Department: Commercial Department
Sales Officer Job Summary:
Makes products knowledge readily available, by visiting prospective clients to demonstrate them with products and services as deemed necessary by clients and management, through various resources. Finds ways to sell products in the face of a down market to meet assigned revenue targets. Guides clients through their purchase process; timely and efficiently address their concerns and needs to ensure their satisfaction; and ensure that the clients are consistently buying the products. A keen sense of the market and an understanding of sales strategies is essential to being successful in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplish sales and marketing organization mission by completing related results as needed,
- Researching target markets, identify potential business opportunities, assess and present their position, and propose sales options for them;
- Attract and establish business partnership with new clients,
- Ensure products availability and visibility in the market,
- Service existing accounts, by collecting orders, and ensure timely product delivery;
- Working towards the achievement of the monthly sales targets and KPI’s as assigned by the sales and marketing manager,
- Supervise where required the partner distributors to ensure that distributors’ secondary sales targets are met,
- Reconcile and report daily sales data in terms of opening stock, received new stock, sold products, closing stock, and payments collected,
- Request approval from the sales and marketing manager for any credit sale,
- List and report any sale made on credit, by providing written information on the client name, location, contact details, and expected payment collection date,
- Ensure, timely collection of payments from clients,
- Issue a receipt for any payment received and submit received payments to the finance department (or deposit the money, under each client name, on the company bank account) by the end on the day,
- Share summarized daily sales report,
- Prepare monthly reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information,
- Assess regularly, clients purchase volume trends; investigate and report on the factors that are causing the upward or downward trends,
- Ensure key clients retention by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements;
- Address customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management;
- Recommends changes improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors,
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards,
- Comply to, and ensure implementation of the company’s internal policies, procedures, and regulations,
- Propose clients branding solutions that can improve sales,
- Market the company’s products through different events and exhibitions,
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Share and update contact details information for new and existing clients as required,
- Following up on past customers and work hard to regain them,
- Any other duties that the Sales and Marketing Manager may direct you to do,
Language requirements: Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French and Kiswahili is an added value.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Economics, or other related fields (and/or at least two years of experience in Route to Market products distribution or as a professional barista),
- Must be Rwandan National
- The candidate should have additionally the following skills:
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- A motivated, driven attitude
- Sales-driven, results-driven, and target-driven attitude
- Aptitude for persuasion and negotiation
- Expert in time management
- Organized work ethic
- Proven track record in a sales environment
- Ability to meet and/or exceed monthly and quarterly sales quotas
- Ability to create and deliver client presentations, especially power points and/or white papers,
- Honesty and integrity
Contract conditions: Permanent upon completion of 3 months’ probation period
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications (i.e. copies of their degree certificates, application letter addressed to the Managing Director, detailed curriculum vitae and any other relevant certificates) at E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com not later than Friday the 15th November 2019.
THE APPLICATIONS SHOULD CLEARLY INDICATE THE JOB POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Done at Kigali, on 04th November 2019