About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund’s Business Development team is seeking someone with at least 3 years of relevant work experience to fill the role of Salesforce Product Owner.
One Acre Fund aspires to one day be the world’s largest nonprofit organization. We are constantly growing in scale, and sustainability; and the Business Development team raises additional external funding to support One Acre Fund's growth. The Business Development team uses Salesforce as the central data hub for storing and analyzing information related to all of our fundraising opportunities. We are looking for someone who can help us improve our Salesforce platform, gather requirements and feedback, design scalable best practice solutions, manage the product road map and provide team-wide support. The Product Owner will liaise with team members at all levels, with the ability to translate technical information into layman’s terms, explaining design options and their potential impact.
You should value running and improving Salesforces systems and derive excitement from delivering error-free work
Salesforce system and process improvements (60%): As part of full, regular Salesforce and business requirement reviews and in collaboration with other people/teams
- Design updates and enhancements to our existing Salesforce system
- Project manage the end-to-end software development lifecycle for updates to Salesforce
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to better understand the team’s business requirements, document processes and identify opportunities for systems improvement
- Together with the Salesforce Working Group, design and implement projects to make Salesforce support more fundraising
- Help One Acre Fund to better utilise the features and capabilities of Salesforce and the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Oversee Salesforce implementations, environments and deployment processes to ensure they comply with best practices in terms of scale, security and performance.
- Implement and utilise good release management strategies, governance and processes to improve the way we test and release changes
- Triage and resolve queries, bugs and issues logged by Users
Donor database management (10%):
- Perform quality checks on incoming digital donations against One Acre Fund’s customized Salesforce CRM system, issue tax letters, and donation reconciliation
Team Training and Support (20%):
- Strengthen team fluency and compliance with Salesforce
- Develop and roll out Salesforce user training including creating training materials.
- Build and pull reports from Salesforce, audit newly-awarded grants, and support team compliance
- Support users with creating and maintaining important reports and dashboards
Support with grant management (10%):
- Work with the Business Development Team to help keep Grant data clean and accurate
- Implement Salesforce features (such as Validation Rules or Triggers) to ensure that Grant conditions, clauses, restrictions and milestones are accurate and tracked
- Support with extracting data into external databases (e.g. via the Google Sheets connector)
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience working on the Salesforce platform
- The following Salesforce Certifications: Administrator, Platform Application Builder
- Experience with systems requirements gathering and documentation
- Some knowledge of best practices on the Salesforce platform
- Excellent command of Excel (can perform complex functions) or Google Sheets to migrate and manipulate data
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine a strong skill set with good humour, patience, and openness to feedback.
- A willingness to commit to this position for the long term (minimum 2 years).
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Flexible, Global Remote (We are hiring across Africa and Europe)
Health insurance paid time off
You have independent authorization to work in the country where you will be based.
15 May 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.