Part-time job advert for School to Work Transition Officers
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is a UK based NGO working to strengthen poor and marginalized people in their struggle for education through development initiatives in 13 countries and campaigning for change.
School to Work Transition (STWT) being part of its programme components, HPA is currently recruiting 4 committed and experienced Part Time STWT officers for its DFID funded programme REAP (Girls’ Education and Advancement Programme). The recruited staff will be based in HPA’s Huye office and will work closely with HPA staff based in Kigali.
Position: School to Work Transition Coaches
Reporting to: GEC REAP Manager
Working area: Nyaruguru District
Duration of the assignment: 1 year renewable
- Requirements for STWT Coaches (part-time)
- Educational background: she/he must have a Bachelor degree in Business Management, Arts in Community and Development studies, agriculture or economics;
- General professional experience: she/he must have professional experience with private sector, TVET school Graduates (VTCs) transition to work programs and/or youth community development programs in mentoring and capacity building activities, working with SMEs as well as cooperative development and Income Generating Activities development
- Communication skills: Fluency in Written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda is required (Fluency of French is an added value)
- Work desired qualities: She/he must have good Knowledge & Abilities in collaboration and conduct negotiation aimed at creating links for youth with the private sector, schools and other stakeholders. Ability to effectively produce reports with challenges, proposed solutions and recommendations, success stories, lessons learned
Being resident of the working area or in the surrounding districts is an added value
REAP being a women project, women are encouraged to apply
- Other desired qualities : Willingness to work in hard conditions, travel and flexibility to work after normal working hours, ability to communicate and interact professionally with a variety of stakeholders, both in person and written, passion to protect and promote vulnerable individual group rights particularly concern with people with Disability, OVC, Girl education promotion and Gender
- Responsibilities for Part-time STWT Coach
STWT coaches will be for 12 months period with the below duties:
- Provide an orientation about the business/organization to the intern;
- Discusses student’s skills, interest and goals in general and in relation to the internship;
- Provision coaching to youth placed within economic opportunity
- Make sure that the student is assigned meaningful work that will help them to develop professional and technical skills to their learning objectives;
- Conduct/Keep updates/updated on labor market (assessment/mapping of new opportunities);
- Identification and negotiations with potential private companies, institutions and programs for job placements, internships and other economic opportunities as defined under section on STWT components;
- Timely report to REAP Programme Manager and Direct supervisor
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Line manager
3. Terms and Conditions to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation letters and CVs with 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com not later than Monday, 18th June 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted through phone call for interview and she/he must be ready to start working immediately after being recruited.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.