About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
As a Seed Supply Chain Coordinator you will execute seed purchases for our Rwanda program. Success includes achieving cost savings, ensuring on-time delivery to warehouses, mitigating all seed quality risks, and communicating clearly between suppliers and internal clients. You'll report directly to the Seed Supply Chain Specialist, and will be part of a 51 person Global Sourcing team who purchases $80 million annually for One Acre Fund.
- Complete RFQs for open-sourced products
- Develop strong contracts with suppliers
- Prepare and validate all purchasing documentation
- Develop quality control plans to prevent seed quality issues from reaching farmers
- Plan all deliveries from suppliers to warehouses to ensure on-time delivery
- Record and reconcile all deliveries, and then queue payments to suppliers
- Mitigate risks throughout the supply chain with support from your manager
- Collaborate with suppliers, warehouse teams, and our seed laboratory to ensure seed quality standards are met
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years experience in procurement, supply chain management, or a related field
- Experience in supplier relationship management
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear and actionable written communication
- Efficient and Data-driven
- Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Highly organized and outcomes-focused
- Fluent in English
- "Women are encouraged to apply"
Preferred Start Date:As soon as possible
Job Location:Kigali, Rwanda
Benefits:Health insurance, paid time off
Eligibility:This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
Application Deadline:6 September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.