Umwalimu SACCO is looking for inspired innovators, dynamic self-driven and highly creative personalities to collaborate with Umwalimu SACCO in taking it to the next level of success. If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you.
Please send us your applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16/08/2022 at 5 PM local time. Put the job title you are applying for.
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter addressed to the Director General of UMWALIMU SACCO, signed CV and copy of required notarized degrees and other important documents. For the experience please attach related work certificate. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam and interview.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Key Result Areas
SENIOR CREDIT ANALYST
Reports to: Credit Analyst Manager
Age Limit: 35
- Be a Rwandan by Nationality
- Business degree or equivalent Degree;
- MBA or Qualification in loan Management
- At least 4 years’ experience in all aspects of lending i.e. risk assessment, documentation, securitization, monitoring and control of loans.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge in marketing and credit risk management,
- Accounting knowledge
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- A wide knowledge in the micro finance performance
- Business growth and development
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to constantly deliver quality and value
- Continually asses the adequacy of and adherence to internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
- Thorough business assessment and proper recommendations
- Ensuring proper securitization
- Project relevant trends that affect the collectibles of the portfolio and isolate potential problem areas
- Provide management with accurate and timely information relating to credit quality that can be used for financial and regulatory reporting
- Ensuring consistent application of the internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
- Assessing credit risks on business and making the necessary recommending with regards to possible exposure
- Ensure a thorough and accurate process of analysis for loan applications that are beyond the approval of branch office limits in accordance with the Cooperative’s lending policies;
- Preliminary check of loan application for completeness;
- Improve loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements;
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services;
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet client’s needs;
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process;
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, financial statements, and other financial information;
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans and determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them;
- Conferring with credit references to exchange credit information on clients;
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness;
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval;
- Ensuring professional relationships are established and maintained with members;
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping loan information confidential;
- Understanding the underlying causes of default and taking proactive action to minimize default
- Closely follow up the loan repayment status, identify early changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor (s)
- Acceptable credit risk ratios
- Enforce adherence to set credit policies.
- Efficiency in loan repayments
- Reduced incidence of bad and doubtful debt
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Umwalimu SACCO shall provide for equal employment opportunity to the prospective candidates without direct or indirect discrimination on grounds of ethnic or social origin, gender, political and philosophical or religious opinions.
Any supplementary information regarding the recruitment advertisement shall be obtained at Human Resource & Administration Department of Umwalimu SACCO at any time during the working hours: From 8:00 AM up to 6:00 PM starting from Monday to Friday.
NB: This vacant post is open to external as well as internal candidates.
Done at Kigali, 1/8/2022
RUTAGANDA Bosco UWAMBAJE Laurence
Director of HR & Administration Director General