Position title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Agriculture, and Nutrition, Rwanda
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze program. The purpose of the Rwanda Orora Wihaze (i.e., Orora Wihaze) activity is to sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of animal-source foods (ASF) through development of a profitable market. The activity will improve the dietary diversity of women of reproductive age (15-49 years of age), especially pregnant and lactating women (PLW), and of children between the ages of 6 to 23 months (CU2) in poor, rural households.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will ensure that the program achieves results in all areas and that team members are poised to deliver services on schedule.
- Lead Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities for the program;
- Manage the Monitoring and Evaluation components of the program and make operational decisions;
- Oversee data collection and ensure that the M&E system and results reporting meet the requirements of program;
- Lead a system for continuous communication with external evaluation partners;
- Use critical inputs, feedback, and assessments received from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up;
- Ensure that program components are results-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in evaluation, public policy, and/or related field is desirable;
- Five (5) years of progressive professional experience, including in Sub-Saharan Africa, in monitoring and evaluation of international development activities/projects is highly desirable;
- Experience working with private sector, civil society and government sectors on monitoring and evaluation programs, as well as building the capacity of local organizations to be effective in knowledge management and learning, is desirable;
- Knowledge of different M&E tools, approaches, and methods in addition to experience working with grant-making organizations, is desirable;
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring teams in monitoring-related techniques and methods is desirable.
Rwandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please follow this link https://internationalcareers-globalcommunities.icims.com/jobs/1567/monitoring-and-evaluation-specialist%2c-rwanda/job