Chemonics seeks a Senior Policy/Institutional Development Specialist for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity in Rwanda. This five-year project aims to sustainably increase the availability, access, and consumption of animal source food (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. This project will 1) support the development of strong and inclusive private sector ASF value chains by improving smallholder livestock productivity and supporting livestock product and ASF market development; and 2) increase demand for ASF by developing and strengthening behavior change communication materials and messaging to promote ASF consumption and ensure the delivery of messages to diverse audiences at all stages of ASF production. Crosscutting objectives of this activity include women's empowerment, youth employment, and policy engagement. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The following Senior Policy/Institutional Development Specialist characteristics, skills, experience and education are demonstrative of the skills necessary to fulfilling this role:
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Quantitative Social Science or other relevant degree is highly desirable.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of trade and investment framework development is highly desirable.
- Experience working with host country public agencies and ministries as well as with private sector advocacy organizations is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in policy reform process facilitation, public-private dialogue and institution coalition building in rural economies is desirable.
- Experience with policy research, policy advocacy coordination and support to both public and private businesses and related civil society organizations is desirable.
- Experience and familiarity with agricultural development and policy issues especially in the livestock sector in the African context, agriculture sector strategies and investment plans is desirable.
Please submit an electronic version of your CV, cover letter, and contact information by February 24, 2019 through the link. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.