Sericulture Extension Technicians (7)
HEworks Rwanda Silk Ltd, is a private limited company located in Kigali Special Economic Zone (KSEZ), Kigali City. The company operates a sericulture business by promoting mulberry plantation, producing silkworm eggs and cocoons, purchasing all the cocoons produced in Rwanda, and processing them into raw silk and silk fabrics mainly to export to the international market.
The Sericulture Extension Technicians will carry out the following duties:
- Mobilize the farmers and cooperatives to join sericulture production activities;
- Provide technical assistance in mulberry plantation/cultivation and silkworm rearing for cocoon production;
- Survey the status and conditions of sericulture farms to plan the schedule of silkworm rearing;
- Cooperate with local governments in identifying and mapping of available land for mulberry plantation;
- Assist the sericulture producers (farmers and cooperative) in achieving high income through practicing the standard technologies of cocoon production.
- Insure proper management of Cocoon Collection Center (CCC) and Cocoon Production Center (CPC) by receiving, Sorting, grading and drying received cocoons and rearing activities.
- Perform any other duty assigned by management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-job training.
- Must be sincere & honest
- Must have A2 level in agriculture
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Should have the excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent command of Microsoft offices ( Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Should have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and other stakeholders.
- Willingness to go above and beyond job description.
Working Location: Kigali and assigned districts in Rwanda
How to apply: Send a detailed CV and its supporting documents in one PDF file on email@example.com
Closing Date: April 10, 2019