Sericulture Extension Technicians
- A2 ( Many )
- A0 ( Many)
HEworks Rwanda Silk Ltd is a private limited company located in Kigali Special Economic Zone (KSEZ), Kigali City. The company operates a sericulture business by promoting mulberry plantation, producing silkworm eggs and cocoons, purchasing all the cocoons produced in Rwanda, and processing them into raw silk and silk fabrics mainly to export to the international market.
The Sericulture Extension Technicians will carry out the following duties:
- Mobilize the farmers and cooperatives to join sericulture;
- Provide technical assistance in mulberry plantation/cultivation and silkworm rearing for cocoon production;
- Survey the status and conditions of mulberry farms, plan the schedule of silkworm rearing;
- Cooperate with local governments in identifying and mapping of available land for mulberry plantation;
- Assist the farmers in achieving high income by practicing the standard technologies of cocoon production.
- Ensure proper management of Cocoon Collection Center (CCC) and Cocoon Production Center (CPC) by receiving, Sorting, grading and drying received cocoons and rearing activities.
- Perform any other duty assigned by management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-job training.
- Must be sincere & honest if not you will be dropped at anytime
- Must have A0 or A2 level in agriculture sciences with good academic marks.
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Should have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent command of Microsoft offices ( Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Should have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of
Staff and other stakeholders.
- Willingness to go above and beyond the job description.
- Driving license category A will be an added value
Working Location: Kigali or any other assigned districts in Rwanda
How to apply: Send a detailed CV and its supporting documents in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: November 07, 2019