TERM OF REFERENCE FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Title: Short-term consultancy for the Installation of Accounting system (QuickBooks), training and support on the use
- About CESTRAR:
CESTRAR is the largest National Center in Rwanda with 17 affiliated unions, with a progressive membership of more than 165,000 workers.
CESTRAR is the oldest and was created in 1985 as a single center and progressively from 1991 adapt its structures and strategies on a new context of democracy and recognition of freedom of association through training and organizing from top to bottom and allow emancipation of affiliated unions.
As a center, the main objectives are to represent workers at all levels, to promote decent work and its four pillars in order to create social justice.
CESTRAR has many years of experience in bilateral and multilateral partnership and cooperation with trade union movement across the world through mainly by the financial and technical support of projects and programmes based on needs assessment and in the line of five years strategic plans regularly reviewed.
CESTRAR manage fund from various donors and own resources, each one has its specific rules of financial management and reporting.
To ensure adequate financial management, accountability, and transparency, CESTRAR would like to migrate to the electronic accounting system (software QuickBooks).
For this work, CESTRAR looking for an individual or specialized firm which have an expertise on installing software, operationalizing and staff training on using this software.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE WORK
The main objective of this work is to assist CESTRAR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM to migrate to soft using QuickBooks and build its capacity on efficient use and to generate route financial report and analysis.
- SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- Assist in Procurement and installation of genuine multi-users’ software QuickBooks;
- Build CESTRAR’s chart of account in the system and release all documents and codes;
- Ensure training of users
- Provide support and maintenance for 3 Month on the use of the accounting software.
Contracted individual consultant or firm is expected to submit a report which includes, but not limited to, the following output:
- Genuine multi-users Quick book software installed in 2 computers in accordance with CESTRAR books and chart of accounts
- Training of at least 3 CESTRAR personals on the use of the system including data entry, report generation, and analysis
III. Follow up and technical support for at least 90 (approximately one hour/day) hours over a period of 3-month maximum
- CONSULTANT QUALIFICATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Accredited QuickBooks supplier and have a competency in Accounting or Financial management
- Proven track record in the installation, usage, and training using QuickBooks
- Past experience in building institutional financial management system
- Good facilitation skills and coaching
- Fluent in at least two languages use in Rwanda, one should be Kinyarwanda.
- EXPECTED DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The task is expected to be completed within 2 months from the date of signing of the contract. The consultant is therefore required to prepare and submit the entire plan in a way that allows the achievement of all deliverables within 2 months’ period.
- DUTY STATION
The selected consultant is not required to seat at CESTRAR but should base in Kigali City and may work in his own office with a coordinated visit to CESTRAR.
- RECOMMENDED PRESENTATION OF THE PROPOSAL
The proposal shall be presented in the following manner:
- Personal curriculum vitae/company profile highlighting qualifications that meet the minimum requirement stated
- Technical proposal with a brief methodology on how he or she will conduct the work (2 pages maximum)
- A financial proposal containing the final and all-inclusive total price (tax inclusive) offer for the full range of service required broken down into all major cost. The total price shall be in a fix lump sum amount and milestone payment corresponding to output shall be indicated in the proposal.
- PAYMENT TERMS
Payment under the contract will be output based and will be made upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
Interested qualified Consulting firms or individuals wishing to undertake this assignment are requested to submit their technical (proposed methodology, a tentative work plan with numbers of days and CVs of personnel to carry out the assignment ) and financial proposals by October 22nd 2018 to CESTRAR head office in Gasabo District, Kacyiru Sector, Kamatamu Cell , KG 645 street 3, Tel +250 785 398 272 or send it via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com