Title: Short-Term Administrative Assistant
Project: USAID Soma Umenye
USAID Soma Umenye is recruiting for a Short term Administrative Assistant, USAID Soma Umenye is a five-year project that aims to improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda. Covering all 30 districts of Rwanda and working in close collaboration with the Rwanda Education Boad (REB) and the Rwandan Ministry of Education (MINEDUC), Soma Umenye will contribute to Rwanda’s Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) and the Government of Rwanda’s national development priority of ensuring that Rwandan primary-grade students acquire the fundamental competency of literacy so that they can succeed in future schooling and, later, in the modern workplace. This position requires someone willing to start work immediately.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfill office management duties including, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, and others as required.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of project administration including arranging travel, processing travel clearances, and fielding consultants.
- Maintain transport booking arrangement for project staffs including checking weekly vehicle log book.
- Maintain and stock office supplies and process supply orders from the Procurement and Logistics Specialist.
- Label and maintain all administrative files including travel clearances/itineraries, visa requests, consultant transport, and lodging information, and all other non-accounting related documentation.
- Ensure the proper filing and archiving of all relevant administrative, contractual, personnel, technical and programmatic documents both via electronic files and hard copy files.
- Organize and manage project report/resource library and project equipment, monitoring and tracking staff material/equipment use.
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Director, Chief of Party, and other management.
- Prepare reports of meetings convened or attended by project management.
- Take meeting minutes for all team meetings and distribute to team members.
- Assist Administrative Manager in hosting project visitors and arranging meeting details.
- Answer inquires and supply available project information from other Chemonics projects, USAID staff and other development projects as necessary.
- Prepare travel, event and personnel calendars, and contact lists for distribution.
- Deliver adequate, timely administrative and logistical support to the technical team, as needed.
- Fulfill other administrative functions, as required.
- Certificate/diploma in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as administrative assistant, receptionist, or related position; USAID experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
Level of Effort and Location of Assignment
This is a short-Term position and the location of the assignment is Kigali, Rwanda with intermittent travel throughout the country.
The short -Term Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Director of Operations or his/her designee.