POSITION: Site Sustainability Manager
- Site Management:
- The Consultant shall represent the Client to effectively monitor the day to day construction works of the EPC Contractor to successfully achieve Project COD and effective operation of the Project.
- Actively participate in daily construction coordination meetings and where necessary, challenge the EPC Contractors reports on progress, quality and safety.
- Chair daily coordination meetings with the Client Engineers discipline supervisors to monitor the works of the EPC Contractor so that there are no delays in the various works areas.
- Ensure the Clients Engineer establishes a document control system and library so that documents and specifications and the like are readily available to the Clients Project team to monitor the works against.
- Be actively visible on site ensuring all work areas reported to be worked on by the EPC Contractor are actually being worked on.
- Ensure all tasks are being completed by the EPC Contractor to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Together with the Clients Engineer, establish/confirm and monitor the Projects critical path of the Project Schedule, where necessary proposing changes the schedule that will accelerate Project completion.
- Coordinate the logistics between the Clients Supply Chain Manager and the EPC Contractor to make sure materials and equipment is available to the ‘on-site’ required dates.
- Review and prepare where necessary summarised progress reports ‘by activity’ for input to the monthly progress report.
- Ensure the internal and external Clients expectations are achieved.
- Suggest improvements and approving revisions to the EPC Contractors QA/QC and HSE procedures.
- Health Safety and the Environment:
- Provide team leadership and mentoring to develop a risk awareness and management culture to maximise the safety of people, plant and process.
- Understand, implement and enforce the Clients safety/environmental policies and procedures, and promote health, safety and environmental initiatives across the Project.
- Manage the Clients team to enforce the EPC Contractors site safety rules and housekeeping policies are being adhered to and are harmonised with those of the Client.
- Attend weekly site safety walk around and meetings and highlight deficiencies and propose corrective actions to the relevant parties.
- Be actively visible on site ensuring all work areas are being worked on safely and if necessary, stop the works until corrective action has been taken.
- Manage the Clients commitments, and provide where necessary reports to the relevant stakeholders on the Projects EIA and Monitoring Plan. This may require where necessary, preparing a TOR, appointing and managing 3rd party independent consultants to prepare reports and studies.
- Quality Assurance and Control:
- Be accountable for ensuring the EPC Contractor complies with its QA/QC system ensuring that the system is configured to improve its performance and individual project deliverables. Offer constructive ideas with respect to the systems implementation, improvement or enhancement of procedures and systems to reduce complexity and achieve greater efficiency for the benefit of the Project.
- Support the Clients Engineer to ensure all work carried out by the EPC Contractor is in compliance with contractual and specified design codes and where applicable, international quality and standards and regulations.
- Reviewing the QA/QC performance of both the Client and Clients Engineer in witnessing and approving inspections of the EPC Contractor and as required, co-ordinating the QA/QC activities between the Client/Clients Engineer and EPC Contractor to ensure the Project is delivered to a high quality and is fit for purpose.
- Support the Clients Engineer discipline supervisors in coordinating and planning the QA/QC inspections so that works are not delayed and if required, physically represent the Client in witnessing inspections.
- Ensure the Clients Engineer establishes and maintains a formal Non-Conformance and correction procedure and monitor corrective actions are being implemented. Where necessary, take action to resolve defects, non-conformances or other quality related issues.
- Together with the Clients Engineer, jointly sign off completion packages as works are completed by the EPC Contractor and ensure an easily accessible and usable system for confirming QA/QC compliance is available to the Clients operations team.
Education & Technical Proficiencies
- IEMA Diploma in Sustainable Business Practices
- IEMA Membership (AIEMA
- NEBOSH Environmental Management
- IOSH Membership
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational safety
- Degree in mechanical engineering
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via the “Apply for this job” button below before the 8th of March 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.