Position Title: SNHU GEM Administrator
Application Deadline: November 15, 2018
Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development is seeking an Administrator to support the Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) partner. The Administrator will support the SNHU Global Education Movement (GEM) Executive Director and the broader GEM team on special projects.
The administrator will handle all travel requirements for the GEM Executive Director (ED) to several countries, and assist with project management in locations domestic and abroad. The GEM Administrator will work handle all travel, calendar and meeting logistics. The GEM Administrator will also engage in special projects and help the team coordinate larger efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Travel and scheduling arrangements as needed for SNHU GEM ED & leaders
- Research and maintain records in the requirements around visas, vaccination requirements, and requirements to enter refugee camps and vulnerable areas in selected countries
- Research and provide reports on the safety situation of countries where GEM operates
- Work with insurance requirements for travel to vulnerable areas for SNHU’s GEM
- Assist in measuring, tracking, and reporting the effectiveness of all processes internal and external to SNHU’s Refugee Initiative
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating conditions of GEM
- Assist in the implementation of an infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objective of SNHU’s GEM
- Conduct research on domestic and international regulatory requirements as needed from SNHU’s GEM team
- Track financial and travel systems within SNHU’s GEM and in collaboration with the SNHU regulatory requirements
- Assist in the management and coordination of consultants for operational procedures and projects as needed in collaboration with the COO
- Manage and provide oversight of budget
- Assist in the analysis of the effectiveness of workflow and processes
- Assisting project managers by providing reports and information needed for operation in the U.S. and abroad in collaboration with the COO
- Assist in writing and maintaining documentation for business processes within the office, new applications, and changes in policies and procedures in collaboration with the COO
Hours vary according to the ED’s location. When in the United States, typically Monday through Friday, noon to 8:30. When in Africa or the Middle East, 8:00-4:30 pm CAT. This position may include frequent travel with a base out of Kigali, Rwanda.
- Ability to effectively schedule travel and meetings in complex or remote locations
- Prior Events and Operations experience and excellent organizational skills with particular ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and changing interests
- Understanding education technology solutions and changing the landscape of higher education
- Competency using a variety of computer software, including Excel, Word, and databases
- Analytical Skills: Require the analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during each phase of the project. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis
- Effective communication skills, especially writing
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and take initiative in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in organizations effectively supporting vulnerable populations
- Experience with a start-up environment
- 5+ experience working as an executive assistant for the leader of an organization
Language Required/Preferred: English
Cultural Fit Qualifications:
- Communicate effectively locally and internationally
- Maintain local and international performance standards
- Effectively support the performance of each team member
- Inspire high levels of efficiency and performance from each team member
- Be collaborative and solicitous of others’ opinions
- Be a leader in the local entrepreneurial community
- Be kind, compassionate and empathetic
- Finds freedom within a framework
- Leads a team of exemplars to prove our theory of action
- Be willing to put in the time it takes to do a good job
- Be solutions oriented and data-driven
- Have a deep commitment to Inkomoko’s strategies in support of Inkomoko’s mission, vision, and culture.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter including your salary requirements and your CV to SNHUGEM@gmail.com
Include “Administrator” in the email subject line.
Please address a cover letter to Ms. Rachael Sears. Cover letters addressed to Dear Sir will not be considered.
Deadline to apply is November 15th, 2018.