VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 10
Social Inclusion Project Officer at AEE
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Country/Location: District Level/Field-based
About African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) Rwanda
AEE is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice. AEE’s relief and development work is accomplished through programs of health, nutrition, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and reconciliation, emergency response, and youth/women entrepreneurship. AEE works closely with CRS Rwanda to promote Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development initiatives in both rural and urban settings.
The Inclusive Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (INECD) activity will promote nurturing and responsive care practices, especially in the areas of health, functioning, nutrition, and early childhood development (ECD) for caregivers and children. Specifically, the activity aims to improve health and nutrition outcomes among women of reproductive age and adolescents and improve infant and young child feeding practices. It also aims to address child development gaps and significant unmet physical rehabilitation and assistive technology (rehab/AT) and social inclusion needs for infants and children. The activity will focus on community-level service delivery, community-health facility linkages, and district-level capacity development, as well as address issues of inclusion and participation, including access to programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, in line with Government of Rwanda priorities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Implement all disability inclusion activities throughout relevant project cycles. Ensure AEE project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Deliver and coordinate specialized services for Persons with Disabilities, especially Community-Based Rehabilitation Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities.
- Bring technical support in implementing the INECD initiatives and activities in close collaboration with local disability organizations, and service providers (both public and private) at different levels including health centers and hospitals by ensuring the delivery of nutrition and ECD services is inclusive.
- Participate in the process of developing guideline, strategy, standards, and manuals to help with mainstreaming of disability inclusion into nutrition, ECD, and health in close collaboration with Government of Rwanda stakeholders and other development partners.
- Contribute to learning and documentation with INECD project staff and partner teams.
- Act as a key resource person at AEE in project implementation in the disability inclusion area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of AEE project team and capacity strengthening and required disability inclusion interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess, and strengthen partnerships relevant to inclusive nutrition and early childhood development by applying the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to INECD project needs in line with social inclusion. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social psychology, social science, physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, in Rehabilitation studies, social work, or Community Social services. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant field-based experience in implementing or managing light to moderately complex projects working with PWDs, disability
inclusion, Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR) services, community support services, and advocacy, preferably with an NGO.
Required Languages – Oral and written fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
Travel – The position is field-based.
- Project implementation experience in inclusive nutrition and ECD is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with grassroots communities.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Possession of Driving License, Category A
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject -application for Social Inclusion Project Officer).
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position (maximum 1page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) and notarized copies of academic documents
- 2 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your church leader, issued within 6 months period
- Copy of your National ID
- Copy of your valid driving license category (A).
Deadline for application: Friday 22nd October 2021 at 5 pm.
Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that AEE requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviours related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Due to the anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kigali, Rwanda October 13, 2021