ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Agile testing:
- Plan the monthly testing cycle for the QA team in addition to your tasks. Manage the Software Quality Assurance test calendar, lead in bug triaging and cross-communication between clients, QA and the development team.
- Oversee the release testing cycle, embedded assignments, and management of at least one staffer. Be the lead within the embedded teams for first level bug triaging.
- Management: Directly manage one or more staffers and make progress in the professional development of said staffer(s) through documented development plans, promotion plans, and Performance Development Reviews.
- Manage one or more servers and researches/troubleshoots solutions or have a record of creating improved technical systems in Information Technology Development
- Plan release testing and testing components of each report within their embedded teams, track report automation progress and share with management.
- Give input on future staffing decisions and departmental planning, prioritizing work and shifting tasks to ensure smooth completion of sprint and release cycle tasks.
- Begin intermediate automation tasks for your projects, share knowledge through technical documentation and assist junior reports and staff on user interface recording. Strengthen reports domain knowledge of OAF tools
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll get to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for someone with at least two years of relevant professional experience at established professional organizations required when hired externally into this pay grade.
Specific qualifications include:
- 2+ years of work or internship experience in a professional development environment.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration is desired, but not a requirement. Automated Testing Tools (JMeter, Katalon, and Selenium preferred).
- Strong self-manager.
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years.
- Required Language: English.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
In line with experience
Health insurance paid time off.
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.