Join the family
One& Only Nyungwe House is seeking for a number of talented professionals to join the team and become part of this haven of creature-comforts.
Job Description – Therapist, Spa
1 POSITION Details
- Position Spa Therapist
- Level Colleague
- Department Spa
- Reports to Nature Resort Manager
- Subordinates None
2 JOB Details & Requirements
Therapists are responsible for delivering exceptional treatments to guests of the Spa in line with One&Only brand standards, whilst maintaining excellent five-star client care, cleaning standards and grooming. Responsible for revenue generation through retail, up-selling and cross sales to other business centers in the Spa and Resort.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
SPA & RETAIL SALES
- Responsible for achieving retail sales targets as set by the Lodge Manager.
- Ensure aftercare recommendations are made at the end of every treatment, linking with client concerns and offering to prepare products at reception for purchase.
- Encourage clients to return to the spa by recommending an ongoing treatment program and cross-selling the other business centers in the Spa and Resort. Maintain a sound knowledge of all treatments, packages and any promotions.
- Participate in demonstrations/ events as required.
- Ensure that daily sales figures are accurately recorded.
- Perform all treatments at an exceptional standard, as per One&Only protocols and standards taught in training, whilst tailoring to the client’s specific needs.
- Update own knowledge of products and treatment brand standards, outside of formal training by One&Only.
- Carry out an in-depth consultation with each client prior to treatment, ensuring medical history and concerns are identified and taken into account.
- Protect the guest experience by moving quietly around the treatment room and in corridors.
- Use the correct quantities of products as specified by the manufacturer and not exceed that amount.
- Maintain linen and product levels in the treatment rooms, ensuring trolleys are stocked, clean and organised as per the Spa standards.
- Follow treatment room opening and closing procedures correctly, reporting any maintenance issues to the Lodge Manager.
- Maintain the highest standard of guest service by following One&Only protocols and displaying genuine care and attention to detail.
- Consistently record guest preferences, accurately updating guest profiles and communicating any relevant information to Colleagues.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times including data protection, medical details and any information provided in confidence by the client.
- Report any guest complaints to the Lodge Manager so that they can be handled promptly and effectively.
HEALTH, SAFETY & HYGIENE
- Perform all treatments in a professional, hygienic and safe manner for all clients, updating knowledge and training regularly.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, sterilization and hygiene of all equipment, products and linens in the treatment and preparation areas.
- Day to day responsibility for equipment, products, cleanliness and hygiene of the treatment and preparation areas.
- Receive training on all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety at Work Law and Health and Hygiene standards.
- Act responsibly at all times in relation to personal safety along with the safety of Colleagues and guests of the Spa.
- Work together with Housekeeping Attendants where required in maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the Spa facilities.
- Maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by the Lodge Manager.
- Always be punctual and prepared in advance of treatments.
- Support all departments in the Resort where necessary including covering Reception duties as and when required.
- Must adhere to training as set down by the Lodge Manager and attend all training courses as deemed necessary.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable.
- Must be willing to learn and skilled to perform the job of a Spa Therapist.
- Certified/ diploma’s as a Spa Therapist.
- Any job experience as a Spa Therapist in a resort environment (preferable five star) is a valuable addition.
3 CORE VAlues & Competencies
Blow Away the Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4 FUNCTIONAL competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I speak in a clear and concise manner both in person and over the phone
- I express ideas in a clear and coherent manner
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I demonstrate my knowledge and skills effectively
- I take responsibility for my actions
Time Keeping & Grooming
- I report for work in my department on time daily
Response to Supervision
- I demonstrate respect for my leaders
- I respond to supervision positively
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com not later than 5th August 2018.
This role will be open until it is filled, and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
For the job description, see the attachment