SR HR Associate
Position Title: SR HR Associate
Department: Finance and Administration
Manager: HR Manager
Location: Kigali (Rugando)
Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development Ltd is a business consulting development firm focused on growing small to medium enterprises in Rwanda. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko provides consulting, training, and technology tools so that entrepreneurs can grow their businesses and create jobs for others. We have offices in Kigali, Musanze, and several refugee camps, serving more than 5000 entrepreneurs annually.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Having a highly qualified and diverse staff who can meet our skills and culture needs is key to Inkomoko’s success. The HR Department of four staff will oversee all HR-related tasks for our growing company, now currently at 125 staff across Rwanda. The HR Department also supports several partner programs, including the Southern New Hampshire program incubated at Inkomoko, as well as support to HR functions as Inkomoko, expands throughout East Africa.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior HR Associate oversees a portfolio of HR tasks to help Inkomoko reach its strategic growth goals. Specifically, the Senior HR Associate will provide:
General HR Management (20% time)
- Support the HR Director and Manager with hiring, culture, staff development, compliance of all company policies.
- Develop reports for various internal and external stakeholders, ranging from staff turnover, pay equity, RSSB reports, etc.
- Service as a resource to all departments in addressing HR opportunities or concerns with their teams
Supporting Satelite Offices (30% time)
- Ensure all non-Kigali offices are compliance with administrative policies and practices (i.e. timely submission of admin documents, like medical insurance forms)
- The performance review process of field staff to align with the process at HQ (ie. goals across all locations)
- Elevating staff issues from the field office to ensure resolution in alignment with company-wide policies
- Tracking leave days were taken by field staff
- Assist field and remote staff with guidance for hiring and other HR decisions
Culture & Communication (20% time)
- Provide guidance to staff on maintaining positive working relationships, professionalism, and adherence to company policies and values.
- Support implementation of company culture across all locations
- Ensure the safety of employees and create a positive work environment (nondiscrimination and harassment policies, etc.)
- Support Directors/Managers to solve conflicts that arise among colleagues
- HR office hours to hear staff grievances and re-explain company policies and processes
Stakeholder & Vendor Management (20% time)
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers (e.g Britam for Medical Insurance) and develop new relationships as needed
- Maintain relationships with Govt partners and stakeholders, providing timely updates and reports (RSSB, immigration, etc), and engaging other senior Directors as appropriate
Technology Management (10% time)
- Maintain company files in the Odoo HR modules such as Employee/Leave/Payroll
- Develop new ways to leverage technology for improved operations (i.e. use the Odoo system to upload policies, option of e-signature)
- Odoo staff dashboard to ease submission and electronic filing of staff document
- ·Update Odoo with automatic reminders of the end of probation, contracts, key dates
Successful candidates will embody our organizational culture and mission to support entrepreneurs and refugees. Our work environment is fast-paced, positive, solutions-oriented, and we have very high standards.
- Proven track record of Human Resources management in East Africa
- 5+ years of work experience in HR
- Some experience with HR technologies is nice to have, but we can do training
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion is required of this sensitive position
- Understanding of Rwandan labor law
- Fluent in written and spoken English, French, and Kinyarwanda
- Undergraduate degree required
Our core beliefs and values enable us to achieve our vision and mission. Our employees embody the key tenants of the company’s culture. All candidates must demonstrate our core values:
- Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
- Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
- Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
- Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others to take risks. Be compassionate and inclusive.
- Turikumwe (We are together): Take time to appreciate colleagues, celebrate success, and hold each other up in hard times. We eat a goat.
Follow this link to submit your application by30th January 2020, with your CV, letter, and salary requirements. In your cover letter, please explain why you are the right candidate for this job. We encourage applicants to apply now, as applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis