The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute is the largest institution for public health, international health and tropical medicine in Switzerland. The Institute with over 700 employees delivers a sustainable contribution to the improvement of health worldwide through research, education, and services.
The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH), within Swiss TPH, conducts consultancy, project management, training and applied for research work around the world, and also in Rwanda. Within the team working on a project (DYNAMIC) aimed to straighten the quality of health care for children, we are currently looking for a committed and enthusiastic member of our team. Specifically, we seek:
Study Clinician (based in Kigali) (100 %)
The DYNAMIC Study will evaluate the use of a tablet/desktop-based electronic algorithm and Point of Care Tests (ePOCT) to support clinical staff in the diagnosis and management of illness in children at primary health care level. The study clinician will support the development of the medical content of the management algorithm, oversee the implementation and use of the ePOCT electronic algorithm and other study tools in health facilities, provide training, support and supervision to health facility staffs and ensure compliance of study procedures according to protocol. The study clinician ensures the well-being of all study participants. This position involves frequent travelling and interaction with various stakeholders.
More precisely the duties of the Study Clinician will include:
- Technically support the clinical team of the DYNAMIC project in all clinical aspects of the study design
- Support local adaptation of the medical content of the algorithm
- Participate and collaborate with public and private sectors for scientific advancement and improvement of the study
- Support the DYNAMIC team on the elaboration of aspects relating to the clinical training (training material)
- Oversee data collection at study sites and contribute to the project’s monitoring and evaluation
- Participate in analysis and report writing
- Assist the dissemination of research findings through the active participation in dissemination events.
- Participate in the review and development of the project strategic plan and setting of priorities according to the need and/or progress of the study.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MD) from a recognized university is required
- Clinical experience
- Experience in scientific research processes would be an asset
Skills and Competences
- Interest and Knowledge in evidence-based medicine and public health and tech-savvy
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including experience working with Microsoft Excel and statistical programs such as STATA, EPI Info, SPSS, etc.
- Registration to relevant clinical bodies
- Ability to work both independently and within a team-based environment
- The ability to learn new things quickly and provide solutions for challenges
- The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal and team working spirit
- Excellent organizational skills
- Spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda (French would be an asset)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Rwandan health sector
Start of employment: As soon as possible
How to apply: Send your full application including a CV (no longer than 4 pages) accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the position please contact email@example.com
Deadline for application: 18th of February 2020