Supply Chain Associate
Do you want to do work that is impactful? Do you want to help improve the lives of some of the most hardworking people in Africa, while also reducing carbon emissions? Do you want to use your skills to advance Africa towards a zero-carbon future, not just to make a living? Ampersand is your answer.
Headquartered in Kigali in Rwanda, Ampersand is achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change, through providing electric motorcycles to moto taxis drivers in East Africa. Our electric motorcycles offer savings that can double a driver’s income, in addition to reducing carbon emissions by more than 75%. Converting just one petrol motorbike to electric is the equivalent of the carbon captured by 128 trees.
We have successfully piloted an electric motorcycle and battery swap network in Kigali, with motorcycles in daily operation for two years and nearly 2 million km traveled. We have successfully raised $ 4M in venture capital. We are and are ready to further develop and scale up our tech and scale our operations. This is where you come in. The team has grown from a tiny, bootstrapped R&D garage project into East Africa's leading electric vehicle operation, with a team of 59 staff drawn from diverse backgrounds. We are rapidly scaling our operations, and we are looking for innovative professionals who are passionate about clean energy and environmental impact to lead and contribute to our rapid growth
About the role
Ampersand is seeking an engineer with extensive supply chain experience.
The Supply Chain associate roles will be to support Rwanda headquarters with both supply chain management and engineering testing and validation of prototypes and parts. Also working with suppliers around logistics, orders timelines. Regular supplier visits and negotiation, as well as assembling, measuring, and testing of parts according to test schedules can be expected. As part of a growing and dynamic company, the Supply Chain Associate's role will vary from day to day and include opportunities for career advancement and international travel.
Supply chain management
- Interacting with vendors and making sure timelines and requirements are met including regular supplier visits
- Bridging technical communication between Rwanda HQ and suppliers
- Supplier research for cost reduction and quality improvement
- Assisting in negotiations with suppliers
- Work with manufacturing on putting in orders and tracking suppliers
- Work alongside logistics team In creating efficient supply chain logistics
- Put In orders for suppliers and track orders through logistics
Product testing and engineering analysis
- Verification of components to ensure function and quality, including batteries, drive trains, and whole vehicle systems matches specs provided by the engineering team.
- Participating in development of processes and procedures related to mechanical systems, such as manufacturing procedures.
Ampersand is a good fit if:
- You’re interested in clean energy and environmental impact (even without experience in it yet)
- You are a self-motivated, hands-on, proactive problem solver
- You’re comfortable thinking outside of the box
- You are able to negotiate details and big-picture priorities well
- You're organized and love to build systems
- You're OK pushing suppliers on documentation, timelines, and quality
- You enjoy getting your hands dirty
- You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution
- You value collaboration, and diversity, and community in the workplace
- You like adventure and travel
- We are looking for an engineer with demonstrated industry experience. Candidates who possess the following are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar field
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, experience in commercial operations a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
- Experience living abroad is desirable, and experience in cross-cultural teams is preferred
- Native English-speaking abilities, with strong verbal communication
- Mandarin language ability is a bonus.
A competitive compensation package commensurate including health insurance
This role will be based in Kigali, Rwanda
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter detailing their interest and aptitude for this position by the link:https://ampersandelectricmobility.teamtailor.com/jobs/1352830-supply-chain-associate
The deadline: 21st October 2021