Talent Acquisition and Development Coordinator
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Title: Talent Acquisition and Development Coordinator
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda
Role Purpose: The role will support in coordinating recruitment needs and maintaining systems and structures for tracking, analyzing, and reporting outcomes as well as provide advice and support to hiring managers on staff training and performance management.
- Design and lead employer branding initiatives to attract and retain the best talent in the market
- Develop recruitment strategies to attract and retain the best talent for the University;
- Coordinate with hiring managers on a continuous basis to identify their respective staffing needs and be the main point of contact for all managers regarding recruitment.
- Create staffing plans to guide the University in filling various positions that aligns with the University structure and strategy
- Build innovative and effective talent sources by attending talent-rich events, building strong relationships (with Universities such as Harvard, Stanford, employment agencies, recruiters etc),
- Introduce innovative and effective ways of assessing and selecting great talent (competency-based interviews).
- Implement best practices in recruitment and selection
- Coordinate onboarding of all new UGHE hires including Rwanda-based, US-based and remote-based positions;
- Generate recruitment reviews and reports on recruitment processes and systems and initiate improvements if need be.
- Maintain safe custody of recruitment records, both online and physical, for ease of reference during audits.
- Train and coach managers on the recruitment process, and how to find and onboard great talent
- Ensure the recruitment activities are within the pre-approved budget
- Assist in drafting and following up the implementation of contracts for external consultants and collaborators including adjunct faculty, fellowship positions, and interns.
- Carry out training needs analysis periodically to establish the areas of training required by staff members.
- Guide staff members in drafting their annual development plans and performance goals and following up with respective supervisors to ensure their fulfillment.
- Liaise with the team leaders to monitor staff performance against performance goals throughout the year and advise them accordingly to ensure achievement of the set goals.
- As a member of a dynamic start-up Human Resources team, work on other priority projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings; must be flexible, reliable, responsive, and resourceful.
- Technical recruiting experience required (competency-based recruitment & assessments etc)
- Prior experience in leading high-level recruitment campaigns, including managing international recruitment efforts, as well as experience with processes related to on-boarding.
- Ability to design and implement processes and systems, both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), e.g. Jobvite, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills with great attention to detail.
- At least three (4) years of a track record of placing excellent candidates in Academic Institutions or any other.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or related field;
- Membership to a Professional body in human resource management;
- Excellent written and oral communication with outstanding Kinyarwanda and English proficiency
- Integrity and respect for the confidentiality of HR records is a must;
- Experience with hiring software and BambooHR System.
- Commitment to global health and social justice.
- Accountability: Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for equity
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to articulate UGHE’s and PIH’s mission and program objectives persuasively
- Influence: Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to engage key stakeholders
- Project management: Multi-tasking, project management, and decision-making skills
- Agility: Flexible, results-oriented, and able to work in a project-driven environment
- Management: Demonstrated ability to manage people and teams.