Volunteer role: Teacher or Principal
|Type of Role:||Advocacy policy and research|
|Application Closing Date:||31 Dec 2018|
|Interview date:||November onwards|
|Start date:||January 2019|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
In collaboration with Moroto District Education Office, build the capacity of local government and schools to create an inclusive educational environment where children, especially girls, can attend, stay in school longer and receive a quality education
Skills, qualifications, and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Primary Education, Gender, Inclusive Education, or related discipline
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in the field of gender and inclusive education at national or international level
- Knowledge and understanding of gender and inclusive education in the Ugandan context
- Facilitation, training and mentoring skills
- Basic computing skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and management skills
- Ability to interact skillfully with diverse groups of people
- Well-developed drive for results competencies
* Please note that this post is only open to Irish citizens.
Allowance and accommodation
All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in a country, but will not be enough to send money home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which mean accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.