Join the family
One& Only Nyungwe House is seeking for a number of talented professionals to join the team and become part of this haven of creature-comforts.
Job Description – Team Leader, Front Office
1. Position Details
- Position Team Leader, Front Office
- Level Team Leader
- Department Front Office
- Reports to Front Office Manager
- Subordinates Agent, Front Office
2. Job Details & Requirements
To ensure the daily reception desk operation is prepared and assisted in order to ensure no guest delays due to foreseen requirements. Through preparation and control of collected guest information, guest requests and requirements the team leader ensures that guest arrivals and departures are as efficient and courteous as possible. The team leader is also the main communication point with housekeeping, the call center and the experience department when guest requests are carried out. The guest service coordinator is fully trained to carry out any tasks required by the guest service agent and when required can assist with checking in and checking out individual guests or groups.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all Resort rules and regulations as per Service Standard Policies and procedures, and follow all communications briefed by the FOM.
- Attend to duty timely and wearing the correct uniform, name badge and well groomed.
- Attend to duty timely and efficient manner as per Resort standards.
- Conduct daily briefing and ensure attendance of all Colleagues.
- Hand over accurate information to next shift/ Prepare daily briefing sheet.
- Prepare the duty roster for all Colleagues.
- Arrange meal breaks for every shift.
- Be fully trained on using the Resort PMS system and have the ability to assist the Front Desk when required to do so.
- Ensure that the guest reservations are complete with all the necessary information, according to Resort and municipality standards.
- Allocate rooms to ensuring all information is correct and according to reservation specifications.
- Prepare 7 days group forecast and allocate it accordingly.
- Ensure that any special requirements or requests are followed up by trace and communicate to the respective departments.
- In case of missing information this is communicated back to the reservation department in order to retrieve the information prior to the guest arrival.
- Review guest room availability to brief the team on upselling opportunity.
- Ensure that high balance report and traces been checked.
- Carry out guest check in, check out and requests as per Resort standards
- Supervise all tasks are carried out properly by all Colleagues.
- Ensures that the preferences and requests are allocated prior guest arrival.
- Ensure the PMS system daily reports and updated hold the correct information distributed to all departments.
- Ensures all departing guest folios are complete with the correct information and billing instructions have been followed, and rate charges are correctly billed.
- Identifies daily traces and action required on guests requests, special occasions and other sub departmental follow up, and distributes this to all sub departmental managers.
- Communicate with Housekeeping Co-coordinator for departure, discrepancy report.
- Update briefing board in back office with daily and weekly events and promotions, and any other information to be brought to attention to everyone.
- Provide other assistance to the guest services team which might be requested in addition to the daily tasks.
- Have full knowledge of all Resorts accommodation types, additional preferences available on request, and rates related to the respective accommodation type.
- Ensure guest information is kept confidential at all the time as per Resort standards.
- Have full knowledge of all events, conventions, and special promotions happening in the Resort.
- Oversee and ensure the daily collateral stock is accurate and prepare requisitions for collateral when required.
- Maintain Quality documentation.
Skills, Experience & Education Requirements
- Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable.
- Previous experience in the Hospitality sector and Front Office department in a resort environment (preferable five star) is required.
- Computer literate.
- Strong administrative abilities.
- Ability to lift heavy objects to complete duties and guest requests.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to details, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to have strong guest-oriented services and communication skills.
3. Core VAlues & Competencies
Blow Away the Customer
- I care and work towards exceeding the expectations of my customers
- I am proactive and deliver unique and everlasting memories for our customers
Develop Passionate and Committed People
- I am committed to being thoughtful towards our colleagues
- I am passionate about my role
Continuously Strive for Perfections (good enough never is)
- I constantly seek new ways and ideas to improve what I do
- I am inspired to make a difference
Achieve Sustainable Bottom Line Performance
- I am honest and fair
- I take responsibility and contribute towards the financial performance of where I work
4. Functional competencies
- I present a professional image according to established standards
- I foster two-way communication between myself and my colleagues
- I respond to questions and requests with complete answers and follow up appropriately
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- I understand the full scope of my duties and demonstrate initiative
- I take responsibility for my actions
Response to Supervision
- I respond to supervision positively
- I am always available to provide the necessary support and supervision to my colleagues
Team Management & Development
- I promote co-operation and trust within my immediate team, department and property as a whole
- I provide regular training and development opportunities for my colleagues to perform their duties effectively
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- I demonstrate a logical problem-solving approach
- I can be entrusted to make decisions when required
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th August 2018.
This role will be open until it is filled, and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
For the job description, see the attachment