Technical Program Lead - Simulations
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Technical Program Lead role:
The Technical Program Lead will lead, motivate and manage a team of Andela’s Learning Facilitators and will aid in ensuring that Andela's Talent Development team balances the needs of Facilitators, Learners, and the business. She/he is passionate about Andela’s mission and technology and is able to remain flexible and wear many hats to help meet the growing and changing needs of a startup.
We are looking for a seasoned software developer and technical team lead who is passionate about leading and coaching technical teams as well as aligning their personal and team needs and goals with Andela’s overall mission.
- Team Management: Motivate and develop the Learning Facilitators, ensuring they all are leading their teams effectively and executing the program appropriately
- Performance Management: Ensure that Learning Facilitators effectively balance their KPIs while achieving and meeting their growth targets
- Stakeholder Management: Keep the Program Manager and other stakeholders apprised of the status of all teams of learners
- Technical Leadership: Model technical leadership and offer technical and facilitation support to Learning Facilitators
- Cross-department collaboration: Constantly work to break down barriers within and across departments, such as old paradigms and outdated procedures, that would hamper the department and team’s performance and growth
- Program Management: Provide actionable feedback into all aspects of the program and organization for continuous improvement
Qualifications and Characteristics:
The ideal candidate for the role MUST have experience with the following:
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools.
- Experience leading teams to build and deploy Professional Software Products.
- At least 2 years of experience in team operations and managing high performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and plan for the future.
- Extremely well-organized, with strong attention to detail, logistical management, and analytics skills.
- Experience with google docs, sheets, and slides or reasonable alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with remote staff.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and communicate effectively with them verbally and in writing.
- A strong motivator, driven to achieve personal and team targets.
- Strong coaching skills and capability to develop a team.
- Be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Link to the job: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/1467244