Job title: Teller Cashier
Job Reports to: Operations Manager
Job Supervises: --
WMT Limited is a private limited company whose offices are located at CHIC, Kigali Rwanda. Since 2015, WMT Limited has been offering Money Transfer services connecting Rwanda to the rest of the world. The company is keen at aggressively expand its customer base, in order to grow its revenues in operating in a cashless environment. In this perspective, WMT Limited through CiMg & Associates (www.cimg.co.rw) is looking for talented people to fill the position of Teller Cashier.
- Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing transfers, and withdrawals (payments).
- Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash totals.
- Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other Tellers with a variety of duties as required.
- Ensures that customers are promptly and professionally served.
- Performs most complex Teller functions as needed.
- Performs tasks related to petty cash management
- This position requires excellent public relations skills and an understanding of Teller functions and procedures. Timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy, as well as professionalism and confidentiality, are vital to the successful execution of this position.
- Provides the following: paying and receiving services to customers and other staff according to companies Policies and Procedures. (Process transfers, Cash receipts, Process Payments, AML)
- Provide information and guidance to customers regarding products and services.
- Consistently demonstrate the company's Right by Your quality standards by providing a superior level of customer service.
- Performs other customer service activities, answers routine questions and telephone calls concerning company services assists customers with questions/problems on accounts, and promotes Company services all in a professional manner.
- Performs other related duties and various administrative duties as assigned.
- Assists other Staff as directed.
- Assists customers with requests to send or receive
- Performs vault teller duties when assigned.
Operational risk/loss mitigation
- Mitigates losses through work accuracy and adherence with Company policies and procedures, Anti Money Laundering guidelines, internal controls and regulatory guidelines more fully described within the Company Financial & Administration Procedures Manual.
- Ensures adequate control over assets by recording all transactions according to established procedures.
- Completes and maintains all assigned records and reports in a current, accurate and confidential manner.
- Complies with Security policies and procedures.
- Complies with customer grievances and conflicts resolution policies
- Authenticates sender/receiver; approves vouchers as authorized and seeks prior approval for all relevant transactions
- Master all assigned operations through training and self-study.
- Management of petty cash
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance with at least One Year experience in similar position or cash related position
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of quality customer service.
- Conversant with dealing with foreign currency
- Conversant with non-face-to-face transactions
- Used to Anti Money Laundering guidelines
- Basic understanding of financial operations is strongly preferred
- Fluent in all English, French, and Kinyarwanda is desirable; knowledge of Swahili being an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independent worker that demonstrates good judgment and analytical abilities and has experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage a team
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work with QuickBooks Accountant, MS Excel, Word, and internet-based platforms
- A liking for detailed work requiring attention and diligence
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills,
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good math skills.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including personal computer, adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
- Good typing/data entry skills.
How to apply
Please submit your resume via e-mail to email@example.com along with a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are interested in the mission/values/activities of WMT Limited and why you are qualified for this position. In the e-mail subject line please write “Teller Cashier-WMT Limited.” Send your Application in One zipped file, including a notarized copy of the academic document, and other testimonials.
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls are allowed, please