Terms of Reference - Communications Consultant
Consultancy Title: Communications consultant - Writer Location: Any country/Africa
Employment status: 2- 3 days/ week Contract type: 6 months renewable
Reports to: Chief of Staff Deadline: 30th September 2021
Kepler is a leading education-to-employment organization that is building a transformative model of higher education-to-employment services for these young people across the region. Through a rigorous curriculum of in-person, online, and on-the-job learning, Kepler students graduate with the relevant skills and the right attitude to meet the needs of the changing region and global economy. We partner closely with Southern New Hampshire University - a global leader in higher education - which allows our students to attain affordable, internationally recognized degrees while studying in East Africa.
Since 2013, our 70+ staff currently has served nearly 1,000 students to date across two campuses in Rwanda – our flagship campus in Kigali, as well as a second campus in the Kiziba refugee camp in Western Rwanda, where we serve refugee learners. Over 90% of our graduates are employed by six months after their graduation.
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Kepler is looking to move towards content driven communications that focuses on Kepler’s students and alumni. We are seeking the services of a communications consultant to:
- Prepare and manage content for all communications channels and products including website, social media etc. for our Kepler programs in Rwanda and Ethiopia
- With the design consultant, design and provide content for a vibrant bi-weekly external newsletter
- Support in drafting Kepler decks and reports for external use
- Draft content for monthly blog and impact stories
- Draft written materials such as brochures and other promotional material
- Conduct research and draft briefs and thought leaders working with senior managers
- Support and train communications interns
Duration: The assignment will last up to six months with the possibility of renewal for another six months.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s in communication, marketing, journalism, or similar. Vast experience (7+ years) can replace a Bachelor's degree requirement.
- At least 5+ years experience working in a communications role managing end to end communications (content, marketing, media, social media)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated experience with managing fundraising campaigns (earned or partnerships) required
- Advanced knowledge of social media including metrics is required
- Experience in higher education/training sector an asset
- Bilingual English-French is an asset
- Position can be based in any African country
How to Apply:
- Applicants are required to submit a mini portfolio of documents as mentioned here below and cv/resume through BambooHR. Applicant link:https://kepler1.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=133
- Detailed CV in no more than 3 pages including education
- Quotation for monthly rate (estimated 2 days/week)
- At least two pieces of published writing (media, publications, corporate documents, etc.).
- Detailed writing portfolio if applicable.
- Three references from previous work where Consultant or a full-time employee with similar responsibilities.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered. Deadline to submit the application is September 30th, 2021
Kepler values diversity as a paramount aspect of growth and provides equal opportunities. Discrimination against employees based on gender, race, religion, physical abilities, social status, beliefs, and cultural values are strictly forbidden.