Terms of Reference
Finance Consultant – Rwanda
Organization and Background Information
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation is a Swedish non-profit organization that supports women in conflict-affected areas to increase women’s power and influence. Kvinna till Kvinna’s approach is based on strong local ownership and long-term support.
Kvinna till Kvinna has been present in Rwanda since 2017, with support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). In 2021 the office will launch a new Sida-funded programme “‘Dufatanye’ - Working together to reinforce change for the respect of women’s rights in Rwanda, 2021-2024” The expected outcomes of the programme are: (1) Improved protection from gender-based violence with a specific focus on prevention; (2) Increased understanding and respect for sexual and reproductive health rights; (3) Enhanced qualitative participation of women in decision making and conflict resolution; (4) Increased capacity of partner organizations to operate effectively, strategically and collaboratively.
Description of the Assignment
The Finance Consultant will help in building Kvinna till Kvinna partner organizations’ capacity in all financial management aspects including financial planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting. The Consultant will help to ensure partner organizations comply with Kvinna till Kvinna and donor guidelines and procedures. Kvinna till Kvinna currently has 11 partners, of which 8 will be submitting mid-term financial reports and have audits to follow up on.
Kvinna till Kvinna will provide the Consultant with all work equipment and materials as needed, internet bundle when working from home due to COVID 19, and working space at our office.
- Prepare and share a work schedule with the Head of Office at the beginning of the assignment
- Review mid-year financial reports from partners in close collaboration with the Finance Officer, to ensure compliance with Kvinna till Kvinna Guidelines for financial reports and build capacity in financial management where necessary.
- Review the partner organisations' reallocation requests.
- Manage payments according to approved policies and procedures; and help in other finance tasks at Rwanda Office.
- Submission of a written report summarizing deliverables and any recommendations to the Head of Office at the end of the assignment.
- The consultancy will take place between 21 June and 30 September 2021.
- The consultant is expected to work 10 days per full month at Kvinna till Kvinna’s office, or remotely with COVID19 considerations (8 hrs. per day inclusive of lunch break).
Skills and competencies required
- The Consultant must be a qualified Accountant with at least a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration and must hold a professional accounting certification (CPA, ACCA, or any other accounting professional qualification).
- The Consultant should have at least 5 years of experience working or consulting with national non-governmental organizations in a financial capacity.
- Demonstratable experience in building and/or advising on financial management systems and practices.
- Demonstratable experience in training and capacity building in financial management.
- CV detailing relevant experience and letter of intent
- A short technical proposal in line with this Terms of Reference
For submission or questions, please contact Deborah Mukandabarasa at Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of tender is 19 May 2021
Due to the nature of our work with women’s rights organizations, female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.